old school relays / motor controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old school relays / motor controller

well ive done enough trouble shooting to figure out my motor controller,is probably the original one, a rectangle aluminum box with three connectors and a wire harness with i think 3 wires coming out . i decided it was probably not working so i couldnt hurt it , managed to get the guts out of the box without damaging anything and i see several burnt electronic components on the circuit board . question is what are the pros and cons of the old way of solinoid and resistors,/ vs/ motor controllers. i say this because i have most of what i need to convert to the old way or could anybody give me reasons why i should stay with the newer controller boxes. please reply.

The old resistor carts were inefficient, slow and hard on batteries.
    Basically they apply full power to the circuit and control the speed by bleeding off power with the resistors.
    Depending on what your problem is, if a simple controller replacement is what you need I would stay the course and not try to convert it backward.
    If you went to a resistor set up you would also have to change your throttle assembly which is probably more expensive than a controller.
    Is that a G-14 cart you have?
    Updated by dougmcp; December 13, 2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X