cart doesnt wanna run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cart doesnt wanna run

I have a G16E that is 36 volt. I just put in new batteries and fully charged them. Every time I press on the accellerator all I get is a click noise. What is the problem?

The click means you're half way down the mountain. Try jumping the big terminals on the solenoid. If it runs then it means you have a bad solenoid.

Comment

lots of people think because the solenoid clicks that its good.........not always............. thrash is right jack the rear end up and jump the large post on solenoid use a peice of 6 gage cable.......while your at it if you put new batteries in make sure you wired it back up right............can,t tell you how many times i have seen that happen, also check all cables to make sure you didn,t forget to tighten one up.....................................
      Tom
      if i didn,t like them so much i wouldn,t touch them...........

Comment

I have the same problem . when i jumped it off it sparked . Any help would be great ..

Comment

Posted earlier by justme View Post
          I have the same problem . when i jumped it off it sparked . Any help would be great ..
          Hi Justme, we'll be more than glad to help! Please clarify, it sparked meaning the cart started up?
          Regards

Comment

I have the same problem, I jumped the two big terminals on the soliniod and BIG SPARKS, ark flash, big time. I will jump it now like I did on my old Ford soliniods and try it, if it works I"ll get back.

Comment

BIG BIG SPARKS, I guess I need to dig deeper, new battery's I just installed, but I bought the cart and the guy I purchaced it from said it did run but batteries went dead and the charger took a dump, I repainted the cart and put new trim on it. now I want it to run. Push on the pedal a click but nothing happens.

Comment

Posted earlier by lestersboy View Post
                BIG BIG SPARKS, I guess I need to dig deeper, new battery's I just installed, but I bought the cart and the guy I purchaced it from said it did run but batteries went dead and the charger took a dump, I repainted the cart and put new trim on it. now I want it to run. Push on the pedal a click but nothing happens.
                When you press the gas does the cart click?
                Regards

Comment

Yes it clicks when I press the pedal down but the wheels won't turn forward or reverse. When I tried to jump the big terminals with a large screw driver it was ready to weld so I could not test the accelerator pedal. I went to the wiring diagram but I am unable to print it due to a printer problem. I can paint and turn wrenches but I am an admitted idiot with electrical if it is at all complicated. I don't want to send it to a shop and get milked.

Comment

Posted earlier by lestersboy View Post
                    Yes it clicks when I press the pedal down but the wheels won't turn forward or reverse. When I tried to jump the big terminals with a large screw driver it was ready to weld so I could not test the accelerator pedal. I went to the wiring diagram but I am unable to print it due to a printer problem. I can paint and turn wrenches but I am an admitted idiot with electrical if it is at all complicated. I don't want to send it to a shop and get milked.
                    I noticed my wires to the back switch and the cut-off switch have been cut and not connected, my problem there is I am having trouble locating those switchs so I can fix that problem, I am stumped.
                    Updated by lestersboy; August 20, 2009, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X