help need wiring basics so i can start troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help need wiring basics so i can start troubleshooting

i have a 1997 yamaha cart and i need some pictures of battery compartment so i can lay things out as they should be from factory, so i can figure out if i have all the components that this cart is supposed to have in order for me to begin troubleshooting this creature. everything under the seat was a mess when i got it. please help. thanks in advance, mechaniclife .

Is your cart 36v or 48v?

Comment

cart is a 36 volt cart

Comment

I don't have a photo handy but may be able to find one.
        Can you post up a photo of what you're working with so we have an idea?
        Here's the battery layout:
        Attached Files

Comment

dougmcp I will take some pictures of what im working with, and right now im working with 3 deep cycle marine batteries because all the batteries that were in it were way bad, and the 3-12 volts are good. so ill get it all together, load the pictures up,and hopefully you'll have a lil bit of time to see what i have and give me some advice and point me in the right (wiring) direction.All of the wiring is in good shape,and a lot of it is going, to what looks like in its original place , its just some wires are disconnected and cant tell where they definitely go. I don't want to fry anything , and i don't know if everything is there. thanks mechaniclife

Comment

3x12v batteries will be fine to test and drive around a little but you probably already know they won't give you much run time compared to the 6x6v batteries that should be in there.
            I understand your hesitance regarding just wiring things up without the knowledge.
            Can you get the serial number of the cart so I can see if I can find the wiring diagrams you might need. The serial number should be placed vertically on the seat frame support, inside, passenger side looking toward the front of the cart or just under the glove box on the far left of the driver's side and should be something like JR1-1001xx.
            In 1997 Yamaha made 2 carts, a G16E (36v) and a G19E (48v) another question: Are you sure your cart is a 36v cart not a 48v?
            What voltage is on your charger or what is the part number of your motor?
            Updated by dougmcp; December 6, 2011, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X