Yamaha G22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha G22

I have a 2002 Yamaha G22E G max The Drive Electric. My question is I am only getting Voltage on The Black negative Large post of the Solenoid coming from the Battery. The big Red wire coming from controller positive to solenoid has no voltage. No wires have voltage except for the Big Black from battery.. To find out more Read my Latest threads to see the story

Thanks, Cant wait to fix this.....(GOLF CART!)

Matt

Absolutely one of the hardest models to work on dont expect to fix it in 1 simple easy shot. Start by jumping the solenoid with a 6 gauge jumper cable and your foot on the gas.
    Regards

Comment

I thought I responded on another post somewhere.
      What model and year of cart do you have?
      What you stated: "2002 Yamaha G22E G max The Drive Electric" are from 3 different years, 2002, 2004 and 2007.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
        I thought I responded on another post somewhere.
        What model and year of cart do you have?
        What you stated: "2002 Yamaha G22E G max The Drive Electric" are from 3 different years, 2002, 2004 and 2007.
        Doug, he did mention 2002..

edit: i take that back, g22 ran from 03-07. If it really is a 02 PJ than you have a G19E. If you are not sure, use this article to find out http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...golf-cart.html
        Regards

Comment

The white sticker behind the Seat says...

Year 2002
          Model G22E

Comment

Posted earlier by pjmia96 View Post
            The white sticker behind the Seat says...

Year 2002
            Model G22E

Me too. Maybe we can find out a different way, what is the serial number?

Comment

I can tell you the Serial tomorrow. Where would I find It?

Comment

I can tell you the Serial tomorrow. Where would I find It?
                Look at this article here........ http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...golf-cart.html ...... and click the first PDF download, that is the serial number locations. Its in the left glove box.
                Regards

Comment

The Serial Number for the G22 Golf Car is located on the driver's side of the golf car. The serial number plate should be located on the inside of the driver's side front quarter panel.

Comment

ok

Comment

The Serial Number is (JU2-000359). Sorry about the wait.

Comment

The Serial Number is (JU2-000359). Sorry about the wait.
                        Yep you have a year 2003 G22E
                        Regards

Comment

OK, A 2003 G22E. What do you think is wrong?

Comment

OK, A 2003 G22E. What do you think is wrong?
                            Either the keyswitch, pedal switch or a microswitch. If that all checks out, its the solenoid, if that checks out, it may be the controller.
                            Regards

Comment

No reverse Beeper or Solenoid click. Does that tell you anything? I just ordered a continuity multimeter from amazon to test some wires. it should be here in a few days.

Comment

To try an troubleshoot this without a meter is extremely difficult because it all hinges on where you have voltage to. Why don't we wait for your meter before we just start guessing at things.
                                In the meantime you can look over the wiring diagram for the G-22E at:
                                http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...g-diagram.html

Comment

That Sounds Good Doug. By the way my previous post was from my school computer lab. I'm in web development and they let us do what we want for the fist few days so I went on here. LOL this may shock you but Im gonna be 15ys old in a few days. Everyone thinks I'm an Adult. But I'm wiling to learn. Just talk to me like you would to an adult, I'm getting there. My uncle doesn't help me with fixing his cart. I've changed the Battery's+cabels. Fixed a few wires, changed a controller, and other stuff. Cant wait to see the look on my Uncles face if I fix this Golf Cart.

Comment

if I fix this Golf Cart.
                                    Don't you mean when I fix this Golf Cart.
                                    Updated by dougmcp; September 20, 2011, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Yeah I wanna "Fix It".

Comment

This should be a Good tester to test Continuity. Now I just gotta wait for it to come in the mail.

Comment

The tester just Shipped Today. . Next time im going to the store. I've wated a week to find out it was shipped Today.

Comment

Bummer, give us a heads up when it arrives.
                                            What did you order? Can you post a photo or website?

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/GB-Electrical-...6835218&sr=1-1

Comment

Wow, I haven't seen one of those for awhile. It will work for what your trying to do but not quite as convenient as a digital meter.

If you're looking for a cheapie that will do the job for around $5 order one from Harbor Freight: http://www.harborfreight.com/7-funct...ter-90899.html

Comment

OK Im borrowing my friends continuity tester until I get mine. What should I do and how.

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

Not trying to be condescending but what is your meaning for a continuity tester? Do you mean a voltmeter? ohm meter? Continuity tester?
                                                    Once we get our terms and understanding on the same page it will be easier to help.
                                                    Can you post a photo of it?
                                                    Updated by dougmcp; September 25, 2011, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Now I have to wait for it to come in the mail because I blew my friends Fuse. I'm using a Multimeter with a Continuity Beeper to Test Voltage and or Continuity to Diagnose my Golf Cart. This was the one I WAS using yesterday tested a couple wires and they had Continuity didn't get into testing much.http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2999093

And the other Picture is the one that Might even be here Today. Once I get the Mail.

Comment

Once I get my Multimeter things should go more Smoothly

Comment

Just a hint, I have a couple of those old style analog meters but they are pretty much a PITA to use because you always have to determine which scale to use and they are not fine enough to give you the results you may want when it comes time to check for voltages in decimal points.
                                                          Do yourself a favor and get a digital meter.
                                                          They also won't blow fuses if you hook them up backwards, they will just show a minus sign in the voltage reading.
                                                          You cannot use a continuity tester with power on or it will blow a fuse.

Comment

Hey Matti, Seeing as how your on I have a working Temporary analog tester. I am Going to be free the next 2 days and all of next week. I'll just have to make this temporary tester work. I finally got my new tester but now I need a Digital one. How should I go about testing this thing? By the way I tested Continuity and found a Very week buzzing signal on one of the Cables. I'm Gonna Replace the Cable and see what Happens.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                                            X