2008 Drive Bounces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Drive Bounces

I have a reconditioned 2008 Yamaha Drive that is in excellent condition. My only problem is that the cart bounces significantly when on a street. Not noticable on course. Have already replaced tires. Any suggestons.

Bounces? Do you mean vibrates or shakes? Is it stock? or is it lifted? Maybe a picture of the cart in current condition?

Matti
    Regards

Comment

It is stock. It feels as if you are riding on a wash board. It doesn't do it all the time, but enough to be aggravating.

Comment

Here is picture of cart.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Check the alignment, and then jack up the cart each wheel at a time, and move play with the wheel. See how much play the bearing has, maybe someone hit something at one point and messed up a bearing, spindle or rear hub.
          Regards

Comment

What tire pressure are you running, Yamaha recommends 20 psi.
            Both low and high pressures can cause bouncing.
            Check the tires for roundness by jacking and rotating the tires with an indicator to check for an out of round condition.

Comment

I thought of tires, changed all 4. Have been using 22 pounds, will try 20. I will try to check axles and hubs.

Comment

Posted earlier by EarlK View Post
                I thought of tires, changed all 4. Have been using 22 pounds, will try 20. I will try to check axles and hubs.
                Golf cart tires, unless they are DOT rated are known for being out of round.
                Changing tires doesn't guarantee roundness.
                You may also try rotating front to back and see if it changes anything.
                How fast is your cart?

Comment

Also, pull off the rear wheels and check the end axle bolts to make sure they are tight under each hub. Also check to make sure all your bolts, motor mounts and case mounts are all tight. Maybe vibrated loose. If all else fails, put it on a lift and take a detailed look from the underneath. Maybe have someone press the gas while someone looks from under it, be very careful.
                  Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X