2007 ydr electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 ydr electric

runs great under pressure but as soon as you let off accelerator there is a hollow grinding noise from the rear axle!! any ideas????

Follow the noise, if its in the center of the rear axle its time to take it apart. If it is towards the ends take off the tires and have a look. But the way you explain it, it does not sound like its a quick tighten it up fix unless its an issue with the axle ends or hubs.
    Regards

Comment

Check the fluid level in your axle.
      You could have a brake dragging or an axle bearing issue.
      Put the rear axle of the cart on jack stands and run it slow, giving it a good listen.
      Updated by dougmcp; May 3, 2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

K, I trace the sound, and it sounds like it is directed towards the center of the axle. I put my hands on the motor and it feels like it is coming from the motor. I guess im gonna try to take the motor off and inspect. What should I look for ?????

Comment

The fluid level check................ thanks for responding dougmcp

Comment

If you pull the motor there is only 1 bearing in it and a grommet against the gear case spline, that's all it could be in the motor.
            See the break down below:

Comment

Thanks dougmcp and matti for your help. The mysterious noise has been found and fixed!! It was the motor. I took it off and found a little play in the motor and did not know how to fix so I drove over to a golf cart sales and custom place to see if they could..They said that this was a common problem with the 07 & 08 YDR motors. Nothing wrong with the motor, it just just made alot of noise. He had just change out a brand new ydr with a high speed motor for a customer. I picked up the stock motor(had same little play as my motor) for $100, took it home and slapped it on.. runs nice and qiuet like brand new. thanks again for ya'll help.
              Hope this will help others!!

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, glad its all fixed up
                Regards

Comment

Good price on a take off motor! Glad it's fixed!

Comment

Where was this dealer located? Never know when you could use another motor.

Comment

Was it radial play, or axial play? Would there be any fix other than a new motor?

Posted earlier by gogolfing View Post
                      Thanks dougmcp and matti for your help. The mysterious noise has been found and fixed!! It was the motor. I took it off and found a little play in the motor and did not know how to fix so I drove over to a golf cart sales and custom place to see if they could..They said that this was a common problem with the 07 & 08 YDR motors. Nothing wrong with the motor, it just just made alot of noise. He had just change out a brand new ydr with a high speed motor for a customer. I picked up the stock motor(had same little play as my motor) for $100, took it home and slapped it on.. runs nice and qiuet like brand new. thanks again for ya'll help.
                      Hope this will help others!!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X