Yamaha G8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha G8

I removed the rear shock/spring units to replace the springs with HD springs in order to install a rear seat i customized to fit this cart and am at a loss as how to remove the existing spring and then how in the world do you compress the HD one to re-assemble the units. These springs are VERY stiff. I even took them to a local GC shop and they couldn't do it for me after having them for 3 days. At least they didn't charge me for their effort. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Use an automotive spring tensioner, it clamps around the coil spring and can be tightened so that you can install them.
    Regards

Comment

The automotive spring tensioner will not work as there is not enough room between the spring and the shock for the hooks that hook over the spring and the shocks are also too short. I am taking the shocks to a local auto repair shop tomorrow.... hope they can help me out

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I have the same problem. Can anyone give me the answer? It looks like the original spring retainer ring is friction welded or resistance welded on.
        Updated by mayorick; May 23, 2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X