79 harley clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 harley clutch

i recently noticed my clutch filler plug was missing. I put the clutch to the 7 o clock position and put in 90 gear oil until it started leaking out the fill hole... i took a small allen screw and put teflon tape on it and screwed it into the filler hole... it fit fairly snug, the only problem is, i turned it one to many turns and the allen screw fell right into the clutch... i dont want to pull the clutch to get it out, will that little allen screw cause problems if its rattling around in the clutch?
    as of right now i just put a different allen screw in... if the allen screw rattling around in the clutch is going to cause any serious problems i will have to get it out i guess.... what would the easiest way to do this be? can i just remove the back half of the clutch some how, and get the screw out without disassembling anything else on the cart?? i have never worked on any kind of clutch before (or even pulled one off) so if i "NEED" to pull the clutch can someone explain the best way to do it for me? Or explain how to remove just the back half of the clutch, im assuming it pulls apart right where the seam runs down the middle of it, but can this be done leaving the clutch on the cart?
Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X