Battery Charge in order:
    1. 6.34
    2. 6.27
    3. 6.24
    4. 6.36
    5. 6.37
    6. 6.40
    7. 6.40

These readings were taken about 2 hrs. after I charged it. The green light was on, but charger still running with about 2 marks left on charger guage.

Question is should I keep the charger on after about 13 hrs of charging?
    Would reversing the 1, 2, & 3 batteries with the 5, 6, & 7 batteries make any difference in charge rate?

Also with the way they are charged and I know I should buy all 7 at one time, how much longer should I run them before I buy 7 new ones?

Thanks in advance for any opinions of this subject.

Mike
    Mike: cheers:

well I'm perty cheep
    they used to say that an American Indian could take a horse that a settler ran into the ground, get him up run him another 100 miles then eat him.

That's what I would do with your batteries I would run them for another 3 years then eat them.

Oh and by the way I'm having a BBQ next weekend anyone want to come!!!!!!!!
    Updated by gaminde; February 14, 2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Leave the charger on until it quits.
      The readings that you supplied indicate the batteries are between 80% and 100% state of charge but the voltages were taken too soon after taken off the charger to be of any real value.
      Charge and let it sit overnight then take the readings and post.
      Are you having runtime problems?
      Also take a reading after your next round of golf to see which batteries are sagging the most. Post those too.

Comment

Haven't had any problems with run time. But I will check the readings after my next round. How long is too long to leave the charger on and still not have it shut off. I have left it on up to 14 hours leaving it a click or two from turning off.
        Mike
        Updated by Elky83; February 14, 2012, 11:08 PM.

Comment

The charger should shut off at 16 hours or so if it hasn't reached it's potential.
          It's trying to equalize the batteries and struggling a bit with their age.
          I would plug it in every night until it shuts off automatically.

Comment

Doug,
            Sorry it took me so long. Went on a extended vacation to Hawaii.

After my last 18 holes one battery read 6.21 and the rest were 6.31 to 6.36.

But since my charger was getting to the green light but not shutting off it now stays yellow and the meter stays on top but does not move.

I have been letting it charge for 3 to 4 hours and then unplugging it and my meter on the cart shows full charge and drops one light per 9 holes.

Sometimes when I just play nine it does not drop at all.

Is there a charging timing circuit in the charger that might have gone bad?

Have you ever come accross this before?

Thanks,
            Mike

Comment

Our company produce the lithium battery for Golf-cart,E-bike,E-scooter etc,more than 9 years in China.We can offer very great price at first-class quality.
              Our 12V17Ah LiFePO4 battery replaced SLA battery in same case for golf-cart,It's very convenience to use it.

The most remarkable advantages of large format lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) compare with SLA are listed as below:
              A. The cycle life of LiFePO4 is more than 1000 times.but the SLA is 300 times.
              B. The Gravimetric energy density (Wh/kg) and volumetric energy density (Wh/L) of LiFePO4 is about 3-4 times of SLA.
              C. But for the weight and Size comparison for the same capacity,the LiFePO4 is just 1/3 of SLA.

There are many other models with different style are available.

Sophia

Sales Manager(International Sales Dept 2nd)
              Vaima Battery Industrial Co,LTD
              www.vaima.com.cn
              Tel: 86-755-23937015 Mobile:86-13691690496
              Fax: 86-755-61640782
              Email:sophia@vaima.cn
              Email:vmbattery.sophia@gmail.com
              MSN:sophia8899@hotmail.com

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget