EZGo Charger starts at 10 amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGo Charger starts at 10 amps

I just bought a used 2007 fleet EZGO 36v cart with Powerwise II charger. When I plug it in, the charge rate starts around 10 amps and tapers down to 2 amps after several hours. I have one battery that gets very wet during charging. It is not overfilled. The charger does not appear to ever turn off. I hooked it to another charger and it started around 20 amps. I'm wondering if I have 2 problems, a bad battery and a weak charger. The cart runs fine and the total voltage on the batteries measured with a digital voltmeter is 38.6. While charging, the total volts goes over 42. I'm new to golf carts and this is my first post. Any suggestions?

If you own an electric cart, you need at least an analog (resistor) battery tester. Get it at any auto parts store for around $30 bucks. My bet is you have a bad bat. That would be the "hot" one. The internal resistance is too high causing it to boil over.

Comment

the powerwise II had a problem with the capasitor, one half of it burns up, could also be the control board

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X