Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'05 EZGO TXT Series 36V-Upgrades didn't Help !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '05 EZGO TXT Series 36V-Upgrades didn't Help !!

I've got a 2005 EZGO TXT Series Golf Cart and wanted extra power, torque, and/or speed. I got brand new Trojan batteries 1st and could tell no difference. I then upgraded the wires to 4g and installed an Alltrax AXE 4855 500 amp Controller along with a HD Solenoid. Programmed to the max and could tell little or No difference in Power, speed, or torque. I then replaced the Motor with a GE High Torque Motor - "The Beast" and it made little difference in power or torque....I reprogrammed the Controller after the Motor install and nothing. What is up with all this.....I've spent $1000 and can't tell much, if any difference at all.......What else could be wrong ???? Thanks

Hi do you have a GPS or a radar (cop) to see how fast the golf cart is now so I can better get an understanding?
    Regards

Comment

No, but you can just tell by driving it that there is very little difference compared to the speed/torque it had when stock

Comment

Ran a diagnostics test with my laptop plugged into my controller and sent it to Alltrax. They are saying I am only getting 24V and that either my F&R Switch is bad or I have a loose / bad wire somewhere.

Anyone ???

Comment

Who installed this setup? Was it done right? Did you cross a wire somewhere or forget to attach one? Start looking for a bad or loose connection. Tug on all the battery cables. I would do this before spending money on replacing a FR switch.
          Regards

Comment

OK.....Replaced all the wires with 2 GAUGE and replaced the F&R Switch with a HD F&R Switch and yes I can tell a slight difference.....Not very much and the Motor is still getting hot as hell......too hot to touch.......what is up ???

Comment

This is ironic but my situation is identical. I have reset all my paramatures to no avail. I spent $1,500 on my mods and am feeling ripped off.
              Alltrax is working with me on the problem and I will post again as situation progresses.

Comment

Hey 10-42 COP! We are pratically neighbors. I live in Chapin whitch is about 85 miles from Greenville. Sound like we are in the same situation with our "upgrades". I didn't do the install cause of my hip injury but I did all the tuning and monitoring. Mine shows no error codes but I have lost speed and torque. I am counting on Alltrax to come up with a solution to my problem. My brother installed the Alltrax 400A with stock motor and his runs great. It goes 27 flat and plenty of pull up the hills. His cart is tricked out similar to mine with about all the options you can get.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X