Cart wont go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart wont go

EZGO electrical question. My cart wont go. When I press the pedal the solenoid does click. I jumped the solenoid and still nothing. Not sure where to go from here.

Ok, now you want to fully charge the batteries and then run a test to see how much voltage they have in them. By the way, what year is your EZGO and how many volts does it have? After a full charge a 36 volt cart should have close to 50 volts in the pack. A 48 volt cart will have over 60 volts in the pack.
    Regards

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure what year the cart is. The serial number is 826449 and the manufacture code is K0994 so I'm guessing its a 1994. I'm also not sure how many volts my cart is. How would I be able to find that out. How exactly do I check to see how many volts each battery has? I'm very new at this and I would really appreciate your help.

Comment

Hi mex. It is a 94 Ezgo Marathon, and it is 36 volts.
        Regards

Comment

Great. What about how to check the volts.

Comment

Sorry I did not read that part. Use a voltmeter and put the black end on the absolute negative and the red end on absolute positive of the battery pack after a full charge.
            Regards

Comment

Checked the batteries and the voltmeter reads 38.

Comment

I also jumped the solenoid and nothing happened

Comment

How many volts does it show when you press on the pedal?
                  Regards

Comment

Well I had a surprise when I went to check it. It ran. Now what?

Comment

Depends, is it still running or did it spurt and stop? How many volts do you have when testing the batteries with the pedal pressed?
                      Regards

Comment

I tested the batteries with the cart raised and the pedal down. The meter fluctuated between 33-36. When we drive it jt runs doesn't sputter but seems slower. Prior to it shutting down it was running much slower than usual but wod run. Any ideas?

Comment

Just low batt.

Comment

Charger was plugged in and shut down when fully charged.

Comment

When was the last time you replaced the batteries, and how long was the golf cart sitting before with out being charged?

If the batteries are over 3 years old its time for a replacement. If the golf cart sat for longer than a month with out being charged you will have greatly reduced the life of the batteries.
                              Regards

Comment

The cart has not sat witout being charged. The bateries are not more than two years old.

Comment

Ok. Less than normal power on an electric cart is always either old batteries, unmaintained batteries, defective batteries or one or two of the batteries out of the whole pack are bad which is bringing down the entire pack.

Like I explained earlier after you take the cart off the charger you should have almost 50 volts on the entire pack. What are you currently getting?? Fill me in

Also, is the cart currently not working? or it only works sometimes? or its on and off? I am trying to figure out what you mean and get on the same page as you.
                                  Regards

Comment

When I checked the entire pack it read 38 without pressing the pedal. This was when the cart was not running. When I pressed the pedal it fluctuated from 33-36. By this point it began to run and is still running just slower. It has shut down like this before and then begins to run.

Comment

Ok. You need to fully charge the cart and then run a load test on each battery. If any battery shows a reading not around the same area of the others that means that battery is no good, and it is bringing down the whole pack.
                                      Regards

Comment

Ok checked all the batteries and all read around 6+. Still runni g slow. The batteries had been fully charged. Any ideas why it's runni g so slow

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                        X