Twisted Sister ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twisted Sister ???

OK I'm a Newbie... and I have some questions. Bought our first cart new, an EZ-GO, in 2005 or 06, can't remember exactly. It was before the recession, so I popped for the "Twisted Sister" motor upgrade and the extra battery. The cart is in AZ, we're semi-retired, spend about 3 months total in the winter at our home there. So now the batteries are seeming weak and I'm faced with replacement, judging by what I'm reading in the forums, sounds like I'm probably on borrowed time as it is. I'm perplexed by a couple of things... I see no mention anywhere of a 42 volt system, nor of a "twisted sister" motor. My charger is definitely a 42 volt charger (although the meter on my dash says 36v.. is this a problem?). I DO have an extra battery, although it is not a Trojan like the other 6. Was I sold an odd duck?

Hello jaybee, if the 36 volts meter on the dash was not giving you any problems prior to the current weak battery scenario then you are fine. If the cart sat more than a month without being charged, yes you will need to replace them all. I am not positive, but is this twisted sister setup a possible dealer done thing? Did the dealer do this themselves and upgrade the cart or it had came this way from EZGO?
    Regards

Comment

I'm not sure. The guy that sold it to me was a rep for one of the dealers in AZ, so I'm not sure if it came from the factory that way. I suspect not. The 7th battery is not a Trojan like the others.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X