what is a resister cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is a resister cart?

I have just bought a 1989 36 volt ezgo marathon golf cart which runs great and has new batteries. I would like to upgrade the motor and lift it for hunting. I was also told it is a resistor cart. any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    John...........

Hey john. Nice golf cart, I am working on a similar one myself right now. A resistor cart means that the golf cart uses coils of wire that heat up in order to make the cart move slow.

So if you are pushing the gas pedal a little and moving slow, the golf cart is giving 30% of the power to the motor and 60% of the power to the coils. If you are moving fast, the golf cart is giving 0% of the power to the coils and 100% of the power to the motor.

Newer golf carts have a controller (controller cart) which regulates the amount of power that goes to the golf cart motor electronically with out using coils.

There are a few posts on this already, when doing a lift and motor upgrade the weight of it all makes the coils have more stress. This will make you have to replace coils very often. To get around this, people upgrade their resistor golf cart to a controller cart.......$$$$$..... There is a thread on this somewhere in this section.

Hope this information helps.
    Regards

Comment

Matti,
      Thank you for your quick response. I'll keep checking
      John......

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse