Cart will run then stop!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart will run then stop!!

A freind of mine has a 97 EZGO. When he gets on it and goes it will run about 50yds sometimes more and stop. Not slow down, just stop like it lost all power. He can wait about 30 min. and it will do the same thing. It does the same in reverse. I am thinking solenoid, but not sure. Going to look at cart tomorrow.

Hey chad. Once the cart stops, jump the 2 big terminals on the solenoid. If it works again then the solenoid is bad. If it does not, unfortunately you may be getting into a controller problem which was a known issue back then.
    Regards

Comment

Ok Matti. I told my friend to jump the solenoid when it stopped. He jumped the two small terminals instead of the big ones ( What an idiot). He heard a pop and smelled burning wire. Now his cart does nothing. Turn the key and solenoid does't click the bakup buzzer doesn't work, nothing works. What did he damage? Could not find any fuses.

Comment

I have seen worse. Some of them have a inline fuse between the solenoid and the battery pack, check for one. If not check the connections, there has got to be a burned one somewhere. Check the battery terminals, and check the controller out. If something is burning, there should be some evidence of melting somewhere.
        Regards

Comment

Checked for a fuse and burnt wire and nothing. He said it sounded like the pop came from the dash and the only thing there is the key switch. The smell was at time of jump, can't smell anything now. He also said it looked like smoke coming from the charger plug.

Comment

There is a pedal switch under the gas pedal, check that.
            Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X