Battery testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery testing

I have 6V batteries and tested the volts after full charge (aroud 6.2 to 6.5), but I read on here to load test them. What should they read on the load test?

That is not good. A fully charged 6 volt battery should read atleast 8.2 volts and almost 50 volts for the entire pack of 6 batteries at full charge. If the batteries are over 3.5 years old it is probably time for some new ones
    Regards

Comment

Thanks Matti. They are 2002 batteries. I am in the process of looking for new ones. Do you have any suggestions on what type to buy. I will be using the cart for hunting mainly. I am on a budget, so don't scare me with high prices. I am hoping to stay in the $500 range or cheaper if possible. I have heard about reconditioned batteries, is this an option?

Comment

No don't go with reconditioned. Get new, here is some good information on different types of batteries people asked about http://www.golfcart-forums.com/golf-...ry-change.html
        Regards

Comment

If you have the money, get some Trojans. But for under $500 I would go with some Sam's Club Energizers.
          Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X