New battery power loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New battery power loss

So i have a 1998 ez go and i just changed the batteries because the old ones were losing power, so i put 6 new batteries in it. I drove it around for about 3 weeks and now its losing power realy quickly like it did with the old batteries. i need help!

When you purchased the batteries did you run a full charge on them and then use it? Since you installed the new batteries have you ever fully discharged them?
    Regards

Comment

No i installed them and just drove it. And i havent driven it to fully discharge the batteries but enough that the cart wont make it up a tiny hill.

Comment

Always give the cart a good initial charge when installing new batteries

To diagnose your problem, first make sure the batteries are hooked up in the right order by a wiring diagram. Next, fully charge the cart. When the cart is charged, run a test on each battery to check the voltage. Then run a load test on each battery after that.
        Regards

Comment

ok well i was just looking at the batteries and while the car is charging if you open the tops of the batteries, the acid is bubbling in the last five but the 1s battery doesn not bubble like the others...

Comment

and i will try to do all the other checks next time i have time to check them out.

Comment

Posted earlier by rob1621 View Post
              ok well i was just looking at the batteries and while the car is charging if you open the tops of the batteries, the acid is bubbling in the last five but the 1s battery doesn not bubble like the others...
              That is not acid, it is distilled water. Let us know on the tests
              Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
                Always give the cart a good initial charge when installing new batteries

To diagnose your problem, first make sure the batteries are hooked up in the right order by a wiring diagram. Next, fully charge the cart. When the cart is charged, run a test on each battery to check the voltage. Then run a load test on each battery after that.
                I was under the impression that these type batteries did not develope a "memory". I'm a golfer and always put my cart on charge after 18 or more holes which means it never get fully discharged.

Comment

Well that the distilled water isnt bubbling, is that a problem?

Comment

Posted earlier by rob1621 View Post
                    Well that the distilled water isnt bubbling, is that a problem?
                    It could, but you are not going to be sure unless the tests are done.
                    Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X