EZGO RSV Elite lithium electronic control accelerator small power surges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO RSV Elite lithium electronic control accelerator small power surges

Bought new 2023 EZGO Elite with IntelliBrake Technology. It has uneven acceleration where holding
    pedal steady has small power surges. Less of a problem at full acceleration. Vendor says that's just the way
    EZGO with electronic controls works. I test drove another new cart and it worked the same way.
    Very disappointed. Quick online searches don't seem to find anyone else complaining. Vendor said
    some others complained, but didn't push back and accepted it. Couldn't find an EZGO customer service
    number to ask the vendor about it. Anyone else see the problem?

I have the same issue. It's disappointing to see no solutions here.

Comment

The 2023 EZGO Elite is electronically controlled and can be adjusted via a reflash. It seems like your response rate setting might need a tweak. Sometimes, if it's set too low, the pedal might feel off. Maybe try bumping it up and see if that smooths things out for you.

Since this is a new cart, it should be covered under warranty. Try taking it to a dealer with a technician experienced on using a 1311-4401 Curtis handheld programmer

Comment

Thanks for the reply. My specific issue is that when I hit about 16mph the slightest increase in pedal pressure makes it surge like I've floored it. So it's difficult to maintain a steady speed at around 17mph. Took it to the dealer and they 'adjusted throttle filter from 2.0 to 5.0 to stabilize sensitivity to pedal'. That didn't seem to help. Are they on the right track?

Comment

Posted earlier by DJLNC View Post
          Thanks for the reply. My specific issue is that when I hit about 16mph the slightest increase in pedal pressure makes it surge like I've floored it. So it's difficult to maintain a steady speed at around 17mph. Took it to the dealer and they 'adjusted throttle filter from 2.0 to 5.0 to stabilize sensitivity to pedal'. That didn't seem to help. Are they on the right track?
          It sounds like the dealership attempted to address the sensitivity issue by adjusting the throttle filter, but unfortunately, it didn't resolve the problem. Given the persisting issue with the surging acceleration despite their adjustment, it might be worth seeking a second opinion from a another dealership. Sometimes a different set of expertise might offer a better solution.

If the second dealership is unable to address the surging problem, I would strongly suggest reaching out to EZGO.com directly through their official website. You can open a ticket detailing your specific issue providing them with the information you've shared so far. This direct contact with the manufacturer may lead to a more in depth investigation into the problem. They might issue a recall if this problem is more widespread than initially thought.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X