2012 EZGO Battery help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 EZGO Battery help

Good afternoon everyone. I am having some issues with my batteries constantly it seems. Every year to year and a half it seems I am replacing batteries in my cart.

The last time I went to the EZGO store and purchased my batteries. I went to purchase Trojans but they were out. They are mega-power batteries and the store owner assured me they were good batteries and they cost me around 900 for 6 of them in December 2021. I also purchased new cables with the batteries just to make sure I was not losing amps through the cables.

I have been a vehicle tech for the last 25 years and I swear this thing is about to make me want to blow my brains out. I don't know what I need to do to make this better and last longer. I am hoping to get some help here.

As I said before the batteries are Mega-power 6V batteries. The charger is a EZGO Power Wise QE. The golf cart lives in a covered car port out of the elements other than dust. It stays plugged into the charger year round. We don't ride it that often other than in the spring and fall where we use it 2-3 times a week.

I got on it this week just to move it around and even though the Power Wise Charger showed solid green the golf cart drove for about 10 minutes then I had to push it back home. This seems to be the common issue I continue to have with this.

The power pack voltage is 36.26volts and the pack while charging is 37.75volts.

All the Cells are completely covered in acid/water and I plan to do a refractometer test tomorrow once I get my tool from the dealership.

I called the store owner and asked what kind of warranty these batteries have and of course they are out but the store owner said he couldn't imagine the batteries would be faulty already.

I disconnected the batteries and individually these are the readings.
    Battery 1 - 6.06 volts
    Battery 2 - 6.05 volts
    Battery 3 - 6.20 volts
    Battery 4 - 5.94 volts
    Battery 5 - 5.96 volts
    Battery 6 - 6.04 volts

Any help would be greatly appreciative. I just don't want to to have to purchase new batteries every year. So if a different charger, different whatever is needed I don't mind spending the money for a more long term repair.

Thank you all for any advice and your time reading my rambling.

After charging each battery for 1.5hours at 6V20A with a battery charger the batteries are now at.

Battery 1 - 6.15 volts
    Battery 2 - 6.15 volts
    Battery 3 - 6.16 volts
    Battery 4 - 6.05 volts
    Battery 5 - 6.06 volts
    Battery 6 - 6.16 volts

Comment

I just did a refractometer test on all the batteries.
      They are all between 1.17 and 1.20

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X