Cart seems slower/sluggish than normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart seems slower/sluggish than normal

I have a 1994 EZ Go .I think Marathon. Replaced the batteries aprox 8 months ago. Doesnt get much use , just a yard cart. Maybe 2-3 times a week for aprox. 5-10 mins per use. I ve been thinking there was an issue with the batteries/speed control, etc but not sure. Just seems like its slow in the grass and not as much pep as before. I called the local shop and they suggested, because i dont use it that much, I give it a good run and charge the batteries . Continue to do that several times and almost like your "conditioning" the batteries back to life. So i did and I also jacked up the rear end put a weight on the accelerator pedal to speed up the process. So when I did this it ran for a couple hours and never lost power. But what I did notice is that the rear end at times would only turn one tire. I guess my question is, was I thinking the "sluggish" action was a problem with the rear diff. and do these rear diff act a s a true "posi diff. " or a limited slip and is the " one wheel peel" normal operation?

Posi is just gms name for limited slip yes it has limited slip but its very ... ugh.. limited. If you don't know the history of the cart open it up and change the oil and inspect it. It can't hurt.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X