EZGO wont go now !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO wont go now !

I bought a 1999 Ezgo 36 Volt that has brand new batteries. The key doesn't even have to be in and when you put it in Forward or Reverse, this thing takes off full throttle as if you were smashing the pedal even though you don't even have your foot depressing or touching the pedal. Quite dangerous. I had done some researching and discovered that the large wire that it supposed to be on the M- of the controller was actually on the B- along with another large wire and a small wire, so I put it on its proper post and it doesn't take off like a bat out of hell now. I have a feeling that this was done on purpose to bypass a problem so they didn't have to spend $ for a proper repair. The problem now is, that it doesn't do anything now. After visually checking several components and using test lights, I believe there may be an issue with the Micro Switch that it down in the Throttle Position Sensor box. Test light probing on both terminals of this micro switch indicate voltage on both terminals no matter if the foot pedal is fully depressed or not engaged at all. Also: should there be any voltage whatsoever on the white or black wires that go to each side of the throttle position sensor ? There is no indication of voltage on either of these wires at anytime, pedal depressed or not and it only makes sense that there should be some juice getting to the TPS at some point.

Does the cart have a run/tow switch?

It could be a dcs/pds drive system or series and they are very different. Post which you have and then we can do some troubleshooting

Comment

No Run/Tow switch and I believe from what I have read up on that it is a DCS fleet if that is the correct terminology. I also believe it is the Series and not the Regen type. It is the Textron and I believe the model number is L-299. Also: I can tell you that the solenoid does click when I turn the F/R switch either way with the key on only. The F/R switch is down in front of the seat by the driver's right knee. Absolutely no noise anywhere when you depress the accelerator pedal. -Steve

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X