Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO Cart Got wet and will not run? Help

Folks,

I have a Lifted EZGO cart and was drive the neighbor kids around and stoped at some fountains in the subdivision to look for some turtles... And then I turn around and the back tires got in the water and on slime and when I try to go forward it just slid right into this water hole... The more I tried to get out the more I got in... Finally I stopped called a friend and had them pull the cart out. The wat barely got up to the floorboards, it was slightly tilted the passenger side floor boards were maybe 1 inch under wate rand the Drivers side was out of the water.

Got it home and let it sit in the driveway and dry out.

The lights all work and the reverse buzzer works... But when I push the pedal down it makes a click but does nothing?

I dont Believe the motor got wet? Not sure. it was in the water for approx. 20 minutes before we pulled it out.

DO these cart usally dry out and work?

Are there any fuses or ways to test what is wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Michael mslone@slonedesign.com

Hi Michael. Glad you and the kids were allright. The problem can easily be tested by jumping the solenoid. Run a 6 gage wire across the 2 large posts on the solenoid (the thing that is clicking) if the cart moves, you need to replace the solenoid.
    Regards

Comment

I tried that and still nothing?

Comment

I need some more information to help you further, what year and model ezgo do you have and how many volts?
        Regards

Comment

it is a fully Refurbished 2003 EZGO 36 Volt I believe!

They basically went through everything and made it new, new everything and lifted it.

Here is a link to my web server with some pics:

http://www.slonedesign.com/pictures/EZGO_Golf_Cart/

I also shot a quick video to help.

http://www.slonedesign.com/pictures/...t/MOV00067.MPG

You can call me if you want at 419-306-8669

or email me mslone@slonedesign.com

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Does your ezgo have a run/tow switch?
            Regards

Comment

I dont believe so? Or at least I have never seen one...

Can I run jumper cables directly from the forward / reverse controller straight to the motor and see if the cart moves? If so would that lead you to believe the speed controller box got wet and needs replaced?

Comment

I just needed to find out what motor you had so I can tell you how to test it if you would like

Raise the rear of the cart so that the back wheels are off the ground, first mark where the wires go and then remove them from the motor. Put a jumper cable from A1 to S1. And put a 12 volt charger or battery on A2 and S2, if the motor moves your problem is most likely in the controller.
                Regards

Comment

as for the pictures looks like a Medalist system, (Non DCS or PDS), this is a series motor.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X