Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a 2009 RXV have a 48 to 12 convertor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a 2009 RXV have a 48 to 12 convertor?

I have a used 2009 RXV that I just got and this has a factory light option. Can you please tell me how I determine if it has a convertor or just pulling power for the lights off of one battery.

Thanks,
    Richard

OK - I will answer my own question here. No the OEM lights run off of one battery.

Comment

It's worth getting a Golf Cart Voltage Reducer to keep your batteries all at the same charge level or adding an extra battery just to run the lights on not tied to you main battery pack.

I did an edit because of the increased spam hitting this site get a few more post in and all will be good.
      Updated by gaminde; March 3, 2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Posted earlier by Wezgo View Post
        It's worth getting a Golf Cart Voltage Reducer to keep your batteries all at the same charge level or adding an extra battery just to run the lights on on not tied to you main battery pack.
        a 36 volt reducer on a 48 volt cart ?????

Comment

48v voltage reducers are available for the 6x8 volt setup. Like Wezgo stated it's better to use the VR so all the batteries contribute at the same time instead of the lights, radio, etc. discharging one or two of the batteries. But obviously EZGO doesn't mind using one of the 12 volt batteries for lighting...

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X