91 36v marathon problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 36v marathon problems

Got this cart couple weeks ago,needs batteries but they still hold a decent charge, enough to drive around yard. While driving it when i go over a bump the motor stops until i let off pedal then push down again. Now it is not moving at all. Solenoid is clicking as usual,but no movement. Any info would be great. Thanks

Sounds like a loose or bad cable. Quite possible a bad solenoid. Clean and tighten all battery connections. You should have 36v on both sides (large lugs) of the solenoid when it clicks

Comment

If the solenoid and wiring checks good. check the potentiometer box resistence between the black and white wire on the controller. Key off, f/r in neutral, remove black and white from controller and measure the resistence with digital volt ohm meter. with accelerator pedal up it should be 0 ohms, as you press the accel. it should smoothly go up to 5K ohms. Attached wiring diagram.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info. I havent seen that diagram yet. I'll double check everything with that one. Did test solenoid with jumper wire between two large post pushed pedal and nothing. Is that a bad solenoid?

Comment

Update:
          Checked all wires-seem to be good,put a new key switch on,checked ohms at potentiometer as instructed readings were good,checked volts on everything.only reading that didnt seem right was the bottom big lug on the fnr switch it was kinda eratic,but not sure what its supposed to read. It started around 10 without pressing pedal went to 25-29 with pedal pressed. It wasnt running when i was checking volts,then started working in middle of test. I was wondering if anyone has a list of what all the readings should be? I guess i'll try to keep narrowing down. Could my fnr need rebuilt or need new one? Thanks again.

Comment

Ok heres the latest. Went to a local ezgo dealer and talked to the mechanic. Told him symptoms(couldnt full pedal,only run sometimes)and he said pot box,even thou ohms readings were ok. Ordered one on ebay,put it on yesterday and sure enough have full pedal and not cutting out. Thanks for all the help. Happy carting!!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X