99 EZGO will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 EZGO will not start

I have a 99 Ezgo golf cart. I have put a new coil on it and it still will not start sometimes. But if I jack up the back to take the weight off the rear end it will start right up and run good for the day. It is lazy when it does go at the 1st and then it gets stronger. I cleaned up the ground wire, now where do I look? Has anyone had this problem or know what I have have to do to fix it. Thinks Teamcobra

Need a bunch more info. First of all you posted in the electric thread, I assume your are talking about a gas cart. Sounds like you are having fuel issues. Possible fuel pump, dirty carburetor, fuel filter , old gas, dirty air filter, bad plugs.

Comment

Sorry about the post don't know too much about forums at all. There is new plugs and new coil and you can smell the gas went it don't start. Like I said I jack it up it will go and you can see the fuel being burnt off after it starts. The carburetor has been cleaned. Air filter is good. New fuel filter but on it last year and I use this cart over 100 rounds of golf a yr. I have to put gas in it all the time lol. P.S. How do I move this over to EZGO gas?
      Updated by teamcobra; August 19, 2013, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Too much fuel is going into the motor. Either the choke is not opening, the needle and seat is leaking or the float is sticking. How was the carb cleaned??

Comment

Posted earlier by Larry1950 View Post
          Too much fuel is going into the motor. Either the choke is not opening, the needle and seat is leaking or the float is sticking. How was the carb cleaned??
          I did find the float is not set right, did get it going but not running that good. I have ordered a new carb. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Proper cleaning and adjustment of the old carb should work just fine. Its seldom you need a new carb. Sounds like the plug is fouled, when a plug if fouled its fouled and no cleaning it will help. Get a new plug and make sure the air filter is good and air intake is clear. It is also possible the exhaust is partially plugged up from too much gas or critters.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X