Charging Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging Problem

I have new batteries and a Powerwise Charger with new updated internals. The charger shuts down prior to fully charging the batteries. I have read alot about OBC's but unsure if this is in the golf cart or in the charger for my 2004 EZGO-TXT. If I charge the batteries individually, they reach full Charge of 1.275 with hydrometer. Please Help.

Hi boonet is this a 36 or 48?
    Regards

Comment

36 Volt System

2004 EZGO 36Volt with Powerwise Charger.

Comment

Hi boonet

How long does the charger stay on before it shuts, when you replaced the batteries did you follow a wiring diagram to make sure they were connected correct? Finally, after the charger shuts off does anything (wires, controller etc.) get hot?
        Regards

Comment

Re: Charging Problems

Good Morning Matti,

Let's see if I can explain all this: Wiring is correct and all connections clean/tight. The initial battery charge(new) was great. Every since then, I have not reached a full charge without individually charging the batteries. When I plug the charger in, for the first time after riding, the meter goes to approx. 25 amps and gradually works it's way down over a period of about 2-3 hours. At this point the charger turns off. If I check the batteries with hydrometer, they still read fair to weak. I then disconnect and reconnect the battery charger to make it come back on. Charger goes up to about 15 amps and slowly works it's way down to zero and turns off in approx. 1 hour. If I repeat and repeat this action, the starting amperage works it's way down each time and the battery final charge slowly goes up. If I do this about 25 times, I finally reach a full charge. Appears that the charger is working fine except turning off much too soon.

Comment

Try cleaning the connections on the charger receptacle in the cart. If this doesn’t solve it, problem is most likely in your charger. And the problem you are describing sounds a lot like you have a bad capacitor or a diode is no good.
            Regards

Comment

I need help. I have a 36v ez go with a led bar charge indicator. Batteries went down over the winter and would not charge back up with my cart charger, so I disconnected each one and indvidually charged each with a 6 volt charger. All charged up but one, so I replaced it with a new one. Connected back up and my indicator showed full charge but cart would not move. Within 15 minutes indicator started dropping so I connected cart charger but it would not kick relay to start charging system. Is there anytype of main fuse on system that may prevent cart from moving or charging? No wiring is hot or smoking. What should I do?

Comment

Couple of things, copy your post and start a new thread so people can find it.
                The LED bar meter is a state of charge meter, not really a voltmeter and will state a percentage of what you started with. If you start immediately after charging, it will drop fast.
                Measure the voltage of each battery and post up the numbers, I'm sure we can find your problem.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X