Intermittent Reverse Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Reverse Problem

Our organization (high school band) has a 93 EZGO Electric 4 Wheel Marathon, determined (hopefully correctly) by a lookup online of the serial number 739796.

There is an issue with getting it to go in reverse that seems to be in the forward/reverse switch. This is fairly obvious because the cure is to jiggle it into the right position.

It is a little challenging identifying the proper part and determining just how much to replace. BuggiesUnlimited.com has a part described as "Forward & Reverse Switch Assembly for 1986.5-1993 EZGO Electric/EZGO 2-Cycle Gas Models" OEM part# 25396-G1. Whereas ShopEZGo.com doesn't seem to list the entire assembly, but has the switch cam, and then the contact board assembly. I guess the idea is save money, but you better know exactly what is broken.

I'd rather buy a whole assembly, but want to make sure I get it right the first time and not waste the school's money and my time.

Any advice? Should I shell out the $68 bucks for the manual? Will it clear up some of this uncertainty?

Thank you.

Some of the manuals are available on line. You may get lucky and find what you need by doing a simple search
    My personal opinion is replace the whole unit. I just feel if one thing has gone bad, others will follow.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X