Resistor on Solenoid for 2000 Ezgo TXT PDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistor on Solenoid for 2000 Ezgo TXT PDS

The cart I am trying to fix up has what appears to be a fairly new control unit and solenoid on it. We put new batteries in it and the cart does nothing. I just noticed that there is no resistor on the solenoid (it is shown and has a part # in the Parts manual for the cart). Can anyone tell me what the resistor actually does and could this be why the cart does nothing? Not sure how important this is..

Resistors are used on controller carts, They go across the large terminals on the solenoid, thus even when the solenoid is off current (voltage) can pass through the resistor to the controller. inside the controller there are capacitors that store voltage and are charged slowly through the resistor. The controller can be damaged when fast charging (not using a resistor).

Comment

Thanks for the info! So will the controller operate without the resistor? what i am really asking is whether this may be the reason the cart does nothing at the moment.

Comment

Reread the last line

Comment

OK. Thanks much for your help.

Comment

Is the solenoid clicking when you step on the peddle, what is your battery voltage.

Comment

No. nothing at all happens no matter what i do. no beeping like it is supposed to do for diagnostics.

Comment

Posted earlier by ebro View Post
                No. nothing at all happens no matter what i do. no beeping like it is supposed to do for diagnostics.
                do you have a schematic your using that you can post for me to look at

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X