36V in Series & PARALLEL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36V in Series & PARALLEL!

I heard of this guy (no, it wasn't me ) who bought six 12 volt batteries.

Instead of wiring them all in series, which of course would be wrong (72V), he made 3 pairs of 2 batteries. Each pair was in parallel (12V). Then the 3 pairs were connected together in series, yielding the correct 36V for the cart.

I guess this is possible, I've never considered it until I heard about this today. Is there any advantage / disadvantage to doing so (assuming these were deep cycle type batteries)?

JyRO

I just did this to my txt. I got 3 new 12v deep cycle with the cart when I bought it. I could not afford to buy 6 6volt batteries. So I bought 3 more 12v deep cycle batteries. I have not used it much yet so I can not report how well they hold up. I also installed all 2awg cables. Size is a problem with them. My battery tray was bad so I made a new one to fit the new batteries. I also moved the controller and fnr switch to the left side and installed one of the batteries in where they used to be.
    Attached Files

Comment

Posted earlier by JyRO View Post
      I heard of this guy (no, it wasn't me ) who bought six 12 volt batteries.

Instead of wiring them all in series, which of course would be wrong (72V), he made 3 pairs of 2 batteries. Each pair was in parallel (12V). Then the 3 pairs were connected together in series, yielding the correct 36V for the cart.

I guess this is possible, I've never considered it until I heard about this today. Is there any advantage / disadvantage to doing so (assuming these were deep cycle type batteries)?

JyRO
      Parallel / Series connection this is fine it will give you twice the battery amp hour rating and longer distance. If you have the room it should work great.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X