Ez wont go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ez wont go

Why is my volt meter will not shut off with the key switch and it will not go. What do i need to check and how do i do it? The 2 small post and the big post that comes from the battery are hot on the solanoid but cant get none on the other big post. the backup beeper does not work either.
    Updated by sarah00; July 10, 2012, 08:26 PM.

The volt meter is probably wired inline with the key. That's pretty common. What kind of cart, (model and year)? How old and in what condition are the batteries? How are you using it, (pulling something, carrying 4 people, up and down trails, etc)?
    Does the solenoid click when you put it in gear? Do you have a good handheld Volt Ohm Meter?

Comment

I just got this cart about a month ago and it ran ok but the batteries would go dead after about an hour of riding.I was told it is 2004 , not sure what the model is. It has the f/r switch on the dash with the volt meter and a tow/run switch under the seat. The batteries are about 4 years old and the solenoid does not click. I on have a hand held battery tester. Usually carries 2 adults and 2 kids on the road but when it quit it was just my daughter on it. if it were the batteries why would you not be able to shut the volt meter off with the key?

Comment

http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...rge-chart.html

Look at this "state of charge" chart. You'll see it doesn't take much voltage loss to make the batteries drop into the "replace" catagory. It sounds like that is your problem. One or more of your batteries is on it's way out. With the F&R switch on the dash it is a PDS, (Precision Drive System).

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X