Just bought my first EZ-GO cart....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my first EZ-GO cart....

Just picked up my first cart. the wifey and kids wanted something to drive to the lake/community pool here in N. Texas. I'm sure I'll bug ya all here with a bazillion questions to restore this thing. but hey, what else is this site for? so help me out please, tag info for my Ez-Go cart on the inside glove bx left hand passenger side is A200 and 1242377. Would that make it a 2000?

Also my plans are to frame off restore the whole darn cart. Chassis painted, new bushings anything/undercarriage stuff needing be replaced, fiberglass painted, lift, tires/rims, batteries and new seats etc. any thoughts/help/opinions/where to get with any of this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks TS

Yep. Sounds like a 2000 TXT.

You're really going to "trick it out!" Not sure of the laws in TX, but in FL and VA, you can make it street legal for many areas - lights, turn signals, brake lights, minimum and maximum speed limits, etc. Does it have the FNR switch on the dash? If it does, you can get a "speed chip" for it. It'll make it go up to 30mph!

I get a lot of stuff on eBay and for the rest I look at buggiesunlimited.com, everythingcarts.com, golfcartgiant.com and cartbarn.com among others.

Have some fun with it, but remember when you have kids on her and go fast, you'll still need to think of safety. Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks for the links Rusty. Yup i plan on a light kit but was wonder about a lift first. I wondered if a 2" lift and 10" rims with low pro tires would look funny?? I want a slight lift just not "Monster Truck" size!! any thoughts here for a good look?

Comment

The "low Pro" tires will fit fine without a lift. If you intend to lift the cart at all, you may want to reconsider your tire choice.The 22x11/10 All Trail would fill the wheel wells with a small lift. Or for a less aggresive tread you may want to look at a 20x10/10 Multi Trak. You really need to know what kind of cart you have before you make your plans. For example, the 2000 TXT Series cart is very easily modified and will work well with bigger tires and a small lift. On the other hand the 2000 TXT DCS will be a faster cart with stock equipment but it doesn't like taller tires stressing it's controller
        Does the cart have the Forward/Reverse shifter located at the drivers right knee? Is yes, lift the seat and look for a black box under the passenger side. Does that box have a "run/tow" switch on it?

Comment

Posted earlier by pbsdaddy View Post
          Does that box have a "run/tow" switch on it?
          Yes switch is near right knee. and nope no run/tow switch. the controller currently in my cart now is a stock Curtis-PMC M# 25864G05 S# 9154-P009049.

What controller and amperage would work good with say this motor?

motor specs from Feebay.....

Axle Type: 19 Spline
          Benefits: Increased speed and performance unmatched by our competitors.
          Condition: NEW
          Estimated Installation Time: 15-45 Minutes
          Estimated Speed: 19MPH (with stock controller) your results may vary depending upon your cart's mechanical condition and the condition of other components.
          Features: 1 year manufacturer warranty from date of sale!
          Fits the Following Carts: 1988-Up EZGO 36 volt "Series" Golf Carts. (series carts do not have a toggle switch on the controller box underneath the seat and also do not have a wire coming off of the end of the motor opposite the coupler)
          Horsepower: 8.0 peak horsepower

Comment

Basic "go better" for a series cart: 2 guage cables, HD F&R switch, HD solenoid and Alltrax 400 amp controller.
            Do you know who is offering that motor? The specs they quote are pretty generic for the type of cart. There are some very reputable motor companies out there. D&D for example and Plum Quick.

Comment

Motor being sold on feebay. It's funny as i just spoke to D&D today. I'm gonna pickup a new 500a controller, HD F/R switch, solenoid and larger gage wires first. get it installed and then see where i stand for speed. if not acceptable, then a new motor. TS

Comment

any good source for these items? 2ga wire kit, HD F&R switch, HD solenoid and Alltrax 400 amp controller.
                Updated by Texas Skeeter; July 16, 2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

I bought my wires at a local battery shop. They built them to my specs for just over $60 I would try there first. The HD controller, solenoid and F&R you can find at almost any custom cart shop. Please DO shop around. There are huge differences for these parts from shop to shop. A bit of effort on your part could save you $200 or more.

Comment

You're really going to "trick it out!" Not sure of the laws in TX, but in FL and VA, you can make it street legal for many areas - lights, turn signals, brake lights, minimum and maximum speed limits, etc. Does it have the FNR switch on the dash? If it does, you can get a "speed chip" for it. It'll make it go up to 30mph!

I get a lot of stuff on eBay and for the rest I look at buggiesunlimited.com, everythingcarts.com, golfcartgiant.com and cartbarn.com among others.

Have some fun with it, but remember when you have kids on her and go fast, you'll still need to think of safety. Enjoy!

Lunette De Soleil Pas Chère
                    Updated by sdiudfhud; July 26, 2012, 06:15 AM.

Comment

When moding cart's look at the batteries to start with. If they are older batteries then the performance of the cart will not increase but decrease. If they are near the end of there cycles then the increase in load on them will cause the cart to perform worse than it does now.

I have the H/D F/R parts allready made up. I can get anything u want for it but want to make sure you go about it in the right direction.

Check out my link.
                      http://andy4639.com/?page_id=226
                      sigpic
                      I'm here to help!
                      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Well thanks for the info/offer andy. but i sold my 2000 TXT last fri. and bought a 2004 36v PDS on mon. I was told the PDS cart was better/has more torque etc to fix up. Got anything Beefy i can use on my PDS? Oh and the batteries in my so-called new cart are 2011 trojans. thanx TS
                        Updated by Texas Skeeter; July 27, 2012, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Posted earlier by Texas Skeeter View Post
                          Well thanks for the info/offer andy. but i sold my 2000 TXT last fri. and bought a 2004 36v PDS on mon. I was told the PDS cart was better/has more torque etc to fix up. Got anything Beefy i can use on my PDS? Oh and the batteries in my so-called new cart are 2011 trojans. thanx TS
                          Well you did good on the PDS cart. 2011 Trojan batteries should last you 9 years easy if you take care of them. Keep the water level's checked don't ever run it without water.

Never ever stall it out from a load are hill. If it has the stock controller u will fry it pretty quick this way.

I do sell a speed chip harness that gives you all 4 settings with out having to get off the cart.
                          You can e-mail me @
                          andyfisher@bellsouth.net I have pay pal also.

Here is my 04 PDS cart.
                          The picture was over the 4th of July 2012
                          This cart stays at our beach house all year round. It has a AC system in it and runs 32MPH all day.
                          I can get shaved magnets also. I hope soon to have a senor up grade for it.

sigpic
                          I'm here to help!

Comment

Thanx Andy! I GPS'd the stock PDS cart @ 17mph flat/slightly up and down our hood. The Series cart was a DOG all the way around!! I plan on a 500a controller new solenoid, wires etc. what's the deal with a Freedom chip and speed chip harness you sell? is your harness used with stock controller or upgraded? You should have never responded cause i'm now gonna bombard you with questions!! Email headed yer way....
                            Updated by Texas Skeeter; July 28, 2012, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Nice cart Andy. Love the use of the Miata wheels.

Comment

What are you talkin about P-Daddy? that 'IS" a Miata!!

Comment

pbsdaddy,
                                  Thanks we like it!

As the cart is now it's a AC cart. 32 MPH by myself.
                                  I put all the PDS stuff in another cart.

It was all stock when it was a PDS though except for the PQ motor and shaved magnet.

If the cart is only going to see flat ground I wouldn't mess with the harness just do the speed chip until you go 48 volts.

The wheels are 17" and 24" tall tires.

I put the red top on over the 4th of July and it's like a new cart again.
                                  sigpic
                                  I'm here to help!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  X