What happened to my batteries??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to my batteries??

I have had my cart now for about 3 months, its a 2009 I think.. Bought it from my brother. It has operated just fine until this weekend. My girlfriend's daughters ran it almost completely dead fri nt. I charged it overnight and it was fine. Sat nt they ran it down again. Charged overnight again, got up sunday and the gauge on the cart was showing full. Thinking it shouldn't be going dead in the short time, 1-2 hrs they're on it, its never died on me on the course..?, but i thought i'd check the batteries. Sure enough there wasn't any water showing. I filled all cells w/distilled water and thought all was well. I took off, gauge showing full and only made it to # 6 and it almost died. I made it back to the house and plugged in the charger and it clicks on, but the needle just barely goes up the dial on the charger. After about 1-2 mins it kicks off like its fully charged. What has happened??

Sounds like your batteries may have seen the end of their days. The charger has to "read" a basic combined voltage before it will work. You could try to charge each battery individually, then hook them back together and see what happens but I wouldn't hold a lot of hope.
    Updated by pbsdaddy; June 18, 2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Pulled all trojans out preparing to make the plunge tomorrow.. then I remembered that my brother, god bless him, not so mechanically inclined, put a new voltage reg on it before delivering it to me.. i put all batteries back in without connecting the wires from that regulator and the plugged it in.. VOILA!! its charging now as we type. One of the in line fuses was blown, guess i should've checked that first.. but im going to leave all of that disconnected until i find a diagram i guess... i think its for the radio.. ??

Comment

Lucky man. Sounds like you won this round!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X