EZGO Electrical Issue Power Wise Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO Electrical Issue Power Wise Charger

My charger when plugged in will not kick into harge and the cart does not recognize the charger. I also have tried another identical charger and the same result. Cart ran just fine the other day but I left my light switch half way on and drained the batteries. All my connections are good at batteries and clean. Batteries are only two years old. I also have voltage on the backside of female plug in and have approx 20 volts at harness after batteries but thought this to be normal because batteries are drained. (Cart is a 36V system) I have zero power or lights

Not sure where to go from here and don't just want to replace parts. I am not sure what the spec's are for voltage and what I should be seeing at solenoid and controller under cover besides being very clean. I don't have a wiring diagram and not sure what continuity I should see on controller and solenoid.

Any help is appreciated.

Year of cart? Drive system? How are the lights wired into the system? Have you checked all fuses and resistors for continuity?

Comment

serial number is 1061178 L1697 Not sure what year. Lights run a 15 amp inline fuse which is good. Controller is Curtis pmc

Comment

My knowledge on this is limited. One primary thing to check is the actual state of the batteries. Chargers must read a certain voltage before they will work. Check each battery individually. I'm going to assume you have the "standard" analog charge meter. What does it say?

Comment

The charger has to see 28 volts to turn on.
          There is 2 ways to handle this.
          1. Charge with a 12 volt charger until the P/W turns on.
          2. Take charger a part and jump the black wires hooked to the cube in the charger for about 30 minutes. Then rehook them to finish charging.
          sigpic
          I'm here to help!
          There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X