Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1999 EZGO won't go and beeps even when the key is off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 EZGO won't go and beeps even when the key is off.

My 1999 EZGO TXT 36 volt worked fine until yesterday. I drove it down the street and stopped to talk to a neighbor. When I pressed the pedal to continue it kind of lunged forward, quit and the beeper came on like it was in reverse. It kept beeping even when I took the key out. I had to turn off the run/tow switch to make it stop. It will not budge in forward or reverse...it just beeps. Batteries are fully charged.

I'm new to golf cart repair and would appreciate any suggestions of where to start. I can't find anything that might have came loose and the voltage is still reading 38.7v across the battery pack.

Need to know is it a DCS cart. When looking at the F/R is in in the dash are under your leg. If under your leg and has 2 small micro's on each side of it it's a DCS cart. Play with the micro switches and see if it will run.
    sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Okay, I'll try that and let you know. BTW..the switch is under my leg.

Comment

Posted earlier by skidwehunt View Post
        My 1999 EZGO TXT 36 volt worked fine until yesterday. I drove it down the street and stopped to talk to a neighbor. When I pressed the pedal to continue it kind of lunged forward, quit and the beeper came on like it was in reverse. It kept beeping even when I took the key out. I had to turn off the run/tow switch to make it stop. It will not budge in forward or reverse...it just beeps. Batteries are fully charged.

I'm new to golf cart repair and would appreciate any suggestions of where to start. I can't find anything that might have came loose and the voltage is still reading 38.7v across the battery pack.
        The fact that it "jumped" & the back-up alarm won't shut up makes me think that the controller took a dump. Also, does the solenoid click? If it does, what happens to the battery pack voltage at that point? Not to overlook anything, the suggestion about the micro-switches is a good one. Have you tested the switches?

Comment

OK so the F/R is under the leg. Does the back of the F/R look like a clam shell with no wires coming out of it?

Should look like this.

If so check the micro switches first.

If you ran the cart low on charge it could be the controller they are very senitive to low and high voltages.

But let's hope for the best!
          sigpic
          I'm here to help!
          There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X