1993 Electric Marathon specifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Electric Marathon specifications

I am a senior at my high school working on an engineering project. We are adding a frame and other things to the flatbed of a 1993 Marathon so that the TV Broadcasting class will have a "Mobile TV Center." We fixed some issues with the batteries and are ready to move forward except for one problem. The cart is nearly 20 years old. We no longer have the manual, or anything that might tell us the specifications of the cart; namely the weight that the flatbed can hold. If anyone has access to an online manual, or if you know the information, I would really appreciate the help.
    P.S.
    Of pictures I've seen on the internet, there are different versions of the Marathon. The one that we have is the flatbed version, the flatbed has dimensions of about 44 by 39 by 8 (Approximately, these are not exact.)

I may be able to find the specs, can you post some pictures and the serial number of your cart?

Comment

https://sites.google.com/site/golfcartpictures/
      This is a link to the images, hopefully it will work, its the first time I used google sites. Also you can ignore all the stuff in the flatbed.
      The serial number is 53C48JB700. That was found on the motor though. I'm not sure if that's the one you wanted or if there was another one but that's the one we found.

Comment

It's a electric model correct?

The batteries look like this.

Here is the diagram.

sigpic
        I'm here to help!
        There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Thanks thats very helpful, do you know what the max weight that it can hold is?

Comment

I'd say around 1600 lbs total.
            sigpic
            I'm here to help!
            There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

one thing you can do is install coil over shocks on the rear to help carry the added load. do you plan on driving it when you have some one on the rear when filming? if you do you may want to install a railing so they don't fall off accidentally
              IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
              sigpic

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X