2006 Ezgo troubles duane01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Ezgo troubles duane01

Hi, I have 2006 ezgo 36v golf cart. After replacing 3 batteries and charging, cart ran fine. I brought cart home, drove around a while on one day, Then the next day, cart was showing 1/2 full on gauge. I plugged in charger and got a diagnostic light of 2 red then pause on charger. I then checked voltage across all batteries showing 36v. while gauge is showing 1/2 full charge. charger is still showing 2 blinking reds then pause. Any help needed and appreciated. Duane

to GCF duane!
    If you have the Powerwise QE charger, 2 flashes indicate battery voltage too low to start. The seems strange as you said you have 36v and it should start right down to 27v.
    The Powerwise QE doesn't have a very good reputation for reliability.
    Please confirm the type of charger you have and we can go from there.
    The gauge only resets when it get to a certain voltage during the charge cycle.
    Updated by dougmcp; January 31, 2012, 09:01 PM.

Comment

dougmcp that is what I have a PowerWise QE. Just a question how did it work, and now take a vacation. I have had the cart since June of 2011. I would be very thankful for all help. Duane

Comment

First off take a meter and make sure the pack has plenty of juice. 1/2 charge of 36=18 volts right, so check the pack and see.
        Updated by andy4639; February 4, 2012, 10:09 AM.
        sigpic
        I'm here to help!
        There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

doug the voltage seems to be fine when the batteries are tested. i've read on some of the other people problems they have replaced a circut board and it seem to take care of their's. could that be a problem and where is it at?

Comment

Here is a picture for the charger board.

The board is the one with the black plastic cube on it.

sigpic
            I'm here to help!

Comment

Andy I am going to try and send you a pic. of mine, I took it apart. One thing mine is a 96 because I seen the date on the green board, but also my charger is only 10 1/2" long & 4". Your's seems to be square. So is there else because of that? Thanks

Comment

one thing I said that it was a 96, it is a 06. do you have a cell phone # my wife can send a pic. that way Thanks

Comment

Does your charger look like this?
                  Updated by dougmcp; February 8, 2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

dougmcp that is it. Duane

Comment

I don't have much experience with that charger.
                      I do know that they have been problems for the Ezgo dealers and no one has found a repair solution for them. The only option I know of if it's not working is to get another charger.

The fault code you are getting indicates battery voltage too low or too high.
                      Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the charger plug and receptacle, it is a known issue.
                      Here's the manual on that charger (sorry it's fuzzy), look at the cleaning contacts on page 4.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Check the pack voltage.
                        If it's less than 30volts put a 12 volt charger on 2 of the batteries and try charging them up. The older batteries may not be charging like the new ones.
                        sigpic
                        I'm here to help!

Comment

If your meter says half voltage, which is 18v, and doug says they start at 27v, then the pack is too low to start.

Comment

hey thanks to all help that everyone was trying to give me. what I came up with was the charger, the owner of the shop where I bought told me that it was very unreliable. He had a whole pile of them that did not work. I got another charger and it seems to be working now. Thanks

Comment

Glad you're back up and charging.
                              These chargers have been a bit of a headache for Ezgo.

Comment

Yea not one of EZGO's best chargers by a long way!

Glad you got it going though!
                                sigpic
                                I'm here to help!

Comment

Andy do you have one if so I would like to see a Picture of the insides. From the size I would think it might be a switching charger small or no transformer.
                                  Updated by gaminde; February 20, 2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  X