lifted ranch cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifted ranch cart

i have a ez go cart lifted not sure of year but have had 6 yrs .golf cart place built for me long ago. any way i was pulling a small trailer the other day and it stopped and i could smell somthing burning, i lifted seat and found diode under voltage regulater was hot as hell so disconected hot battery cable it cooled off. then i hook back up same thing happend so i went to golf cart place got a new voltage regulator and diode thing, reinstalled hooked back up same problem, no response doide gets hot as hell. it has a all trax dcx 400 r7 controler from 06 the little light on it does not work. i think this went bad all of a sudden would like to make sure motor is ok can you do a jumper from motor to battery to check motor ? and if i have to replace one or the other can i upgrade to more power and faster ?
    Attached Files

I can't tell from the picture, but assuming you have a PDS cart since it has a DCX controller in it right? Several things come to mind on this. One being your reed switch is bad. Two being your F1 and F2 cables have holes rubbed in them and are grounding to the frame. Three your solenoid is bad. Please identify your cart for me. Thanks.

Comment

ez go and already replaced selenoid chcked all wires no rubs

Comment

Turk, I know you might not be sure the year but can you post up a pic of the whole serial plate or just type in all the numbers here, we will be able to decode it. This will further help us help you, and get you a quicker more exact diagnosis.
        Regards

Comment

Does the solenoid have the funky diode on it with the chip with the metal brace. If the light on the controller is bad you may have burnt the controller up.

I have never seen a alltrax work without the light.
          sigpic
          I'm here to help!
          There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

tag says on body d100 1263330 again they built this not sure if body is original to frame or not?

Comment

That heat you're experiencing usually indicates a bad controller and like Andy said I've never seen an Alltrax controller that the LED wouldn't come on unless it was cooked.
              Your cart is either a series motor or a sepex motor. It's not a PDS but it could still be a DCS.
              If you look in the passenger glove box you should find a Manuf Code, a letter and 3 numbers, the last 2 numbers are the year.
              If the model of your Alltrax is an NPX or AXE it's a series cart, if it's NCX or DCX it's a sepex cart.
              If it is a 2001 or later it is a series cart for sure.
              Series motors rarely burn out but sepex motors pushed hard or stalled can burn out quickly.
              Updated by dougmcp; January 24, 2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Please tell me that when you worked on this cart AT ALL electrically, that you flipped the run/tow switch to TOW. If not, well I must agree with the others above me. You can pop the black cap on the front of the controller where the db9 serial port is and smell in there. Almost always it will smell burnt if in fact it is burnt.

Comment

theres no tow switch on this, the hole in controler has a piece of duct tape over it, this thing does about 25 mph i pull small trailers with it all the time never had any issues in 6 yrs untill now im gussing i need a new controller but would like to check motor as well i may just up grade both becase they dont make that controler anymore anyway

Comment

I would phone Alltrax to find out which controller replaces what you have.
                    Alltrax 541-476-3565 or email helpdesk@alltraxinc.com

For purchases I would try EV Drives at link: EV Drives Alltrax Controllers

Here's a link to do a low voltage test on your motor: Low Voltage Motor Testing
                    Updated by dougmcp; January 25, 2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I'm sooooooooooo confused. Please take pics under the hood. Somebody has really modified this cart in a very unusual way.

Comment

heres so more pics you requested
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice EZGO!!!
                          Regards

Comment

I'm a little confused, in the original post the controller is stated to be a dcx 400 r7 and yet the picture shows an AXE controller. These are 2 different kinds, the DCX is for a sepex motor and the AXE is for a series motor.
                            One more thing the photo shows the AXE controller with connections on it like a DCS sepex motor and an adapter for a PDS sepex motor cart.
                            Can you look at the motor and the designations on the terminals, a sepex motor should have A1, A2, F1 and F2 the series should be A1, A2, S1 and S2.
                            Maybe get the info off the motor plate and post that.
                            Also the F/R switch down by your right knee, does the back of the switch look like a disc or does it have a 1/4" rod running across to the passenger side?
                            Looking at the photo is difficult for me to see.
                            Sorry for the indecision here but Ezgo changed their controls systems in 2000.5 and your man. number indicates it's a 2000. Do you also have the serial number?
                            Updated by dougmcp; January 26, 2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

axe sticker on front , dcx plate on the bottom of controler, f/r switch back is like a disck no rod. seriel # in pic
                              Attached Files

Comment

It's listed as: Model Year: 2000 Make/Model: Electric TXT (PDS)
                                So it's definitely a sepex motor cart and it will use a DCX controller so the sticker is incorrect but the plate on the bottom is right.
                                Now we know what you have.
                                You should have a run/tow switch on the cart close to the controller.
                                This is the controller you have in your cart: Alltrax DCX400 PDS Controller
                                You could also replace it with this one which is the same without the connector you already have: Alltrax DCX400 DCS Controller
                                You can also contact Alltrax, their customer service is great!
                                Updated by dougmcp; January 26, 2012, 10:50 PM.

Comment

ok turn's out controller fried becase motor has open circuit, so i guess upgrade motor and controler since both are done

Comment

Bummer but at least you know what you're dealing with now.
                                    Sepex motors have very low torque when first starting out and hate to be stalled out. If the motor shorts out or loses conductivity it usually takes the controller with it because the fuse isn't fast enough to catch the spike.
                                    Try EV Drives for your controller and PlumQuick for your motor needs.
                                    Talk to PQ first and tell them what you are doing with your cart and they will custom wind a motor for you for less than a new one.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                    X