Lift Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift Kits

Hi guys i have just finished replacing the leaf springs and shockeys on my 96 TXT Ez-Go golf cart but it still rides a little low just wondering how this Lift Kit (see picture) works as i reckon i could make one cheaper than buying one.
    Attached Files

Posted earlier by Ryan_84 View Post
    Hi guys i have just finished replacing the leaf springs and shockeys on my 96 TXT Ez-Go golf cart but it still rides a little low just wondering how this Lift Kit (see picture) works as i reckon i could make one cheaper than buying one.
    That looks like a cheap alternative to a better lift. A Jakes or All-Sports are pretty much the industry standard. E-Z-GO has factory lifts available as well.

Comment

Yes that is a easy one for someone to fab up. However there are better ones on the market for purchase.
      Regards

Comment

where do the lift kits go?

Between the frame and leaf spring or frame and shockey?

Comment

Posted earlier by Ryan_84 View Post
          where do the lift kits go?

Between the frame and leaf spring or frame and shockey?
          On the TXT, its either replacing the front axle with a drop axle or using drop spindles on the stock front axle. Lift blocks raise the rear.

Comment

To the OP, please do not use the leaf spring relocation lift kit for the front it is very dangerous. I am not going to give details on how many cases of these I have seen go wrong, and have experienced on a buddy of mines cart. For grins, we were doing a little off camber driving, the spring popped out, bent shock, screwed up body and left us stranded about 20 miles from the shop. FWIW, that cart now has a 8" long travel kit

That was the first thing he did when we got back to the shop. Didn't even look at his buggy, he went straight to the computer

Colton

Comment

Ryan, my bud has that same lift and it bounces on his cart. Too much flex. We are about to put another plate on the front of the "C" used on the front axle to box it and should help some but there are much better lifts out there.
              03 E-Z-Go, DCX 400, currently 36vt, 4in, brush guard, 22in Saharas, 12in ITPs, Screaming Yellow, 30MPH :mrgreen: 99 Oasis converted to a MPT 1200, 4in lift, Silver Metallic Pink matching 12in ITP wheels, 08 MPT 1200 in progress, 05 Club Car DS Gasser

Comment

Try and stay shy of drop spindles. Ive seen way to many break. Drop axles are very sturdy and only take a few more minutes to install

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X