PDS cart will not run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDS cart will not run

Alright I'm back! I have a PDS cart that will not run. I am getting 37.2 volts all the way to the B pos. on controller. The solenoid is showing 36 volts on all four posts until I press gas pedal then the small neg. post goes to zero volts. The A1 lug on controller is reading ~5-6 volts with pedal not pressed, then when pedal is pressed the voltage goes to zero volts. The B neg. on the controller is reading zero volts. I have checked continuity on most of the wires and it does not seem to have any broken wires or nothing unplugged. Please any ideas or suggestions would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

With power on in Fwd, does the solenoid click when you step on the throttle?
    Have you put the cart in the diagnostic mode and do you have any trouble code beeps?

Comment

The solenoid does click and tests show that solenoid is good. I have not done the diagnostic tests yet. Could the speed sensor or tow/run switch cause the cart not to run. Right now everything has checked out good. These two items are the only two that have not been tested and not sure how to check them. Any suggestions how to tests these two items.

Comment

Yes either one of those may cause the cart not to run, do you have a reverse beeper with power on in reverse?
        The wiring diagram for your cart is here: http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...g-diagram.html

Comment

No sir. I tried it with power on and in reverse and in tow mode. No reverse sound at all. I even tried going into the diagnostics mode just to see if I could any beep at all, but nothing. Any ideas? I appreciate your help so far. Thanks

Comment

Did the cart ever beep or was the beeper disconnected?
            If it beeped before look at the F/R switch and the reed switch located in the charge receptacle (small red wire).

Comment

The little red wire coming off the charger plug is it hooked up. This wire has to see 36 volts all the time are it want run. Don't matter what you do to it.
              sigpic
              I'm here to help!
              There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X