New Battery Conditioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Battery Conditioning

In an older posting, I was floored with a comment that it will take 100 (75 +25) charge cycles to get my new batteries fully charging at 100%. Since I will use my cart about 8 days a month (camping resort) that will take me almost a year. Does this mean I will finally see a faster running and/or longer running cart from my new batteries at the end of a year? I usually see about a 25 to 40 percent used indicater light on my battery guage (having maybe 60 to 70 percent remaining on the guage). This pattern of usage is about 1.5 to 2 hours of riding per day of usage.

Not really Jim, practically speaking your batteries are at about 95% after the first few charges the last 5% doesn't really do much it's just the nature of lead acid batteries and the time it takes to completely condition them.
    In golf cart terms 54 holes is considered the max a cart should be able to run. A normal 18 holes is about 5 miles so that would equate to 15 miles of driving.
    Using a cart running around a neighborhood at 10mph average speed, 2 hours is about 20 miles.
    2 hours of riding on batteries is lots and even fully conditioned batteries won't give you much more.
    Hope this helps allay your fears.

Comment

To add to this, keep in mind that this is not a "memory" like in typical Ni-Cad batteries. Lead acid batters do Not have a memory and will have a great life as long as you keep them fully charged at all times when not in use.
      Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X