Reverse Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Light

Hi all i have a 1996 EZGO TXT series golf cart and i want to put a light on the dash so when i first put it in reverse the light comes on but i cant seem to figure out how to do it.

I conected it to the buzzer but that only comes on when i put it in reverse and put my foot on the pedal.

Here is a picture of under my seat.
    Attached Files

If you have a reasonable understanding of electrical you should be able to find a portion of your F/R switch that is either hot when it's in reverse or a dry contact portion of the switch that you could wire the buzzer or a light to.
    Unfortunately the wiring for your cart has been altered from factory specs and without a wiring diagram of your specific cart it is difficult to advise you.
    Do you have a wiring diagram of it?

Comment

HI no i dont as its a second hand one i could try come up with one over the weekend.

Here is a photo of my reverse switch front and back.
      Attached Files

Comment

Also how could i get it back to factory specs?

Would it be hard.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about taking it back to factory specs, the reversing contactors is a better way to change direction than the factory set up.
          The issue with the reverse, you may be stuck with unless you can find someone close to you that has some electrical experience and can find the reverse signal to tie a buzzer or light to.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X