Electric info on 36v 1979 TXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric info on 36v 1979 TXT

I have a 1979 Marathon 36v TXT Ez Go. I will be using it's parts for an EV project. The motor plate can't be read. How do I find the rating of electrical components?

to GCF Green Jeanne!

The golf cart components may be a little light for an EV, what kind of an EV project do you have in mind?

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
      to GCF Green Jeanne!

The golf cart components may be a little light for an EV, what kind of an EV project do you have in mind?
      An electric assist pedal car/quadcycle, designed like a horseless carriage/surrey.

Comment

Posted earlier by Green Jeanne View Post
        An electric assist pedal car/quadcycle, designed like a horseless carriage/surrey.
        The Marathon motor, depending on which one you have is rated at 2.0HP or 2.75HP at 36v with an RPM speed of 2800.
        I understand the concept but how were you planning on disconnecting the rear axle assembly so you can pedal your cart?
        Do you have any concept drawings you can post or are you just in the planning stages?

Comment

The Marathon motor, depending on which one you have is rated at 2.0HP or 2.75HP at 36v with an RPM speed of 2800.
          I understand the concept but how were you planning on disconnecting the rear axle assembly so you can pedal your cart?
          Do you have any concept drawings you can post or are you just in the planning stages?
          I've been all over the web looking for the answer, when I came a crossed this forum. Thanks for the rating info. I needed them to see if the clutch I'm looking at will be beefy enough.
          I bought the cart for it's parts to use on the pedal car, that will be built from the frame up, using electric horseless carriage plans. But, a smaller and lighter version. The motor will be removed from the rear axle and fitted with a spline for the chain drive. It's still in the planning stages but have the concept worked out. I'll post drawings hopefully soon. Each stage of the build will be documented and photographed.

Comment

You will need and end frame for your motor and possibly a new armature with an extended shaft to couple to your chain drive.
            The motor will look like this when it is taken off:

Comment

You will need and end frame for your motor and possibly a new armature with an extended shaft to couple to your chain drive.
              The motor will look like this when it is taken off:

Don't know if links can be posted so I'll just say, DIY electric car forum adaption-golfcart-motor, Has the steps for adapting the motor with a spline. Good thing I have machinists for friends I'll post the link if permitted.
              My first intent was to build a DIY electric car but this just sounds like a whole lot more fun and will work just fine for my needs.

Comment

Jeanne, I am also working on a project with a 36V electric motor obtained from a late 1970s E-Z-Go golf cart. I am hoping to mount the motor in a 1975 Honda CB125 motorcycle. The motor that I have is model# 5BC48JB700. I do not have any information about this motor but I have been unable to find any sources. Do you have a data sheet or any other information at all about this or a similar motor? I really appreciate you help! Thanks!

Also, could you send me a message with the link to the spline modification you mentioned? I will also be trying to attach a sprocket to the motor.
                Updated by cbm25; October 19, 2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Posted earlier by cbm25 View Post
                  Jeanne, I am also working on a project with a 36V electric motor obtained from a late 1970s E-Z-Go golf cart. I am hoping to mount the motor in a 1975 Honda CB125 motorcycle. The motor that I have is model# 5BC48JB700. I do not have any information about this motor but I have been unable to find any sources. Do you have a data sheet or any other information at all about this or a similar motor? I really appreciate you help! Thanks!

Also, could you send me a message with the link to the spline modification you mentioned? I will also be trying to attach a sprocket to the motor.
                  MP was sent with the diy, hope it helps. I don't have a data sheet just hoping to find what's needed online. There are manuals available but they run around $65.00. Not sure if you can find what you need with just the motor#. But it might be the "1965-1979 36v models X440 and X444"
                  Updated by Green Jeanne; October 20, 2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

How is this project going? Sounds way cool.
                    Gimpy

Comment

Posted earlier by Gimpy View Post
                      Still collecting parts and working on getting everything out of my head and on paper. Will be doing most of the work myself but need to show the welder and others the stuff I can't.

Comment

Posted earlier by Gimpy View Post
                        Speaking of Gimpy, I haven't heard from him in a while! Wonder where he is at?
                        Regards

Comment

Call D&D motors. Talk to Vick. They have a torque motor with the back end shaft already. All you would need to do is add the pulley. I've seen this motor it is being used on 4x4 carts.
                          sigpic
                          I'm here to help!
                          There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          X