help with brakes and adjusting them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with brakes and adjusting them

Can anyone please tell me how to adjust / replace the brakes on my 2001 ezgo pds?

I need to know how to check the brakes, how to adjust them, and how to go about doing a brake job, myself.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

redman34

This may be the most detailed article out there http://server1.buggiesunlimited.com/...0bdedd8ca7d5bf
    Regards

Comment

Thanks matti.

What do you do for a living?

Comment

Auto and truck recycling. I got into golf carts because we usually get in a few of them now and then, I like to take and fix them rather than scrap them. Here is an unfinished example http://www.golfcartsforum.com/genera...-marathon.html
        Regards

Comment

Very cool Matti! Nice to have access to a lift.

I rebuild batteries for segways and power tools, dewalts, makita, etc. I just started doing research on golf cart batteries.

There is sooo much info here, it is great.

I appreciate your dedication to this forum!

Comment

Thanks, I was talking to a battery rebuilder similar to you, but they deal with car and truck batteries, I asked them to rebuild my T-105's but they told me that they only end up lasting about a year. That would be very nice to see if you could come up with a way of rebuilding them to last longer.
            Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by redman34 View Post
              I rebuild batteries for segways and power tools, dewalts, makita, etc. I just started doing research on golf cart batteries.
              Very interesting... I was having a little trouble with a 7 year old 9.6v for my B&D drill so I gave it a little kick with a 12 battery.
              End result, bad idea.... should have watched more closely:
              Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone please tell me how to adjust / replace the brakes on my 2001 ezgo pds?
                I need to know how to check the brakes, how to adjust them, and how to go about doing a brake job, myself.
                Here is the complete service manual for your cart: http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/28646.pdf
                Download it a save it to your hard drive, you will find it invaluable.

Comment

Thanks Doug, that is AWESOME! Where do you come up with this stuff?

Why are you hanging onto that melted battery? Next time you need a tool battery rebuild, contact me. Be glad to help you.

Thanks for your help with the carts.

i just went down to cosco this morning and bought new cart batteries. I will charge them today, before using them, like you suggested.

If I upgrade, just the battery cables ( 5 of them) to 4 gauge, and nothing else, will that give my cart more speed? Remember I have a stock pds with a speed chip.

Comment

Redman I have 3 craftsman 19.2 volt batteries that the charger says are defective and a charger that stopped working. How do I know for sure and can they be rebuilt? Is it worth repairing or just wait for a sale.
                    Thanks
                    Mike
                    Good Luck with your EZGO.
                    Updated by mljstar; September 12, 2011, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I will send you a pm regarding the batteries. I don't want to upset anyone on this forum, talking about my business.

I can help you .

Thanks,
                      redman34

Comment

I will send you a pm regarding the batteries. I don't want to upset anyone on this forum, talking about my business.

I can help you .

Thanks,
                        redman34
                        I find it interesting. It is fine.
                        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X