Battery meter for EZGO 1996 TXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery meter for EZGO 1996 TXT

Hello, It is the newbie again. This question pertains to the analog battery meter. I just picked one up and want to install in dash next to ignition
    switch. I have a 1996 EZgo TXT. Do I have to pull the whole dash apart
    to install or can this be done with out pulling the dash?

Normally the analog state of charge meters are installed down under the driver's left leg beside the charge receptacle.
    This is done for ease of connection and the fact that you really don't need to look at the meter except to check it from time to time.
    If that location is a problem for you, let us know and we can tell you how to install it in the dash.
    Updated by dougmcp; August 31, 2011, 04:55 PM.

Comment

i have no charge receptacle on this cart. the charger connects firectly to
      postive of first battery and negative of last battery. Would love info on how to put into dash. Directions say to cut a 2"1/16 hole, but would ove to be able to wire it up without taking the dash apart. I will will wire put postive to
      key switch, and negative to negative battery terminal on last battery

Comment

You must have a hole where the receptacle used to be. Do you have an onboard charger or how do you hook up your charger now?
        The key switch is mounted in a metal plate that your SOC meter will fit into.
        They originally had 2 plastic rivets holding them on, push the center of the rivet through and pull the plate off and drill your 2" hole in it.
        The switch plate should look like this:

Updated by dougmcp; August 31, 2011, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Yep Mark, Doug is correct. Actually EZGO's are nice because they give you room to put things, on the older EZGO's they have golf ball holders that can easily be converted into a great place to put a radio. Something that is not that easy to place on a Club Car or Yamaha
          Regards

Comment

Thanks guys for the info. Will do the install this weekend. I actually will be installing a
            radio also. the former owner had installed speakers. so that should be an easy install also since it has already been wired.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X