Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EZGO Textron refurb A-87 too slow to go golfing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO Textron refurb A-87 too slow to go golfing.

Hi everyone, my cart goes really slow. I am a teacher with no money for new batteries, so I did the epsom salt refresher recipe last summer and it is still charging just fine. I have brakes that need adjusting and everything under the seat looks like it could use a trip to the City of Oz spa for cleaning and tightening up the connections. It's about $40 if I do the new wires myself, or $80 to have the Golf cart place come and get it and make a recommendation.. which will be problably more than $80 once they see me coming. I have a hard time saying no to a salesman but like to try to see if I can DIY first. I had my knee scoped out and couldn't do my summer teaching class so money is tight. I saw a few forums with easy fixes and thought I could see if anyone knew about why it would be so slow. I just use it to go around the neighborhood but want to be able to take it for 9 holes now and then. They are having a 4th of July event for just $5, if I could just get it working.....I could save on a rental. How about it? Anyone had the same problem with pedal to the floor and power gone in about 8 blocks?

Welcome to the forum Ladybug135.
    It does have the bad battery symptom, unfortunately a cart with bad batteries will just not go any distance without stopping.
    From a DIY outlook, you may have just one bad battery.
    Get a voltmeter and measure the individual battery voltages and post up the numbers. You don't need to disconnect anything to measure the voltage.
    Charge the cart, let it sit overnight and the following day read the voltages.
    Your cart uses 6v batteries and a full charge is around 6.37v on each battery.
    After you post up the numbers we can see what your options may be on a limited budget.
    Here is a chart to ascertain your battery condition:

Updated by dougmcp; June 26, 2011, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X