charger dropped on floor /ezgo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charger dropped on floor /ezgo

This is big heavy heavy charger comparatively speaking.I leave the charger on 10 hours and the cart will go an hour. if i'm lucky, if you let it set for a shotr time 30 minutes maybe...that darn cart will take off and fly.What kills it so soon, and btw this charger was pretty bent up,in fact it looked like it was dragged awhile before my wifes uncle[92] realized it Will a hard drop on the concrete hurt these things .it shows a charge, when ever its hooked up.Or should i check and clean every battery post and see what happens Its a 2002 electric

Idon't have the maual---but i was told by somebody that the batteries should be run down almost dead or dead, before i could hook up the charger for a charge. I figure this was like my cell phone just plug it in at night and let her charge.I never turn off my cell and it does great on a charge overnight. help!!!

Whoever said run the batteries down low is misinformed.
    Lead acid batteries do not have a memory and do not like to be left with any less than a 90% charge in them or they sulfate and create a dead area in the battery that cannot be recharged.
    You need to charge your cart immediately after using it for the day if it has any more than 15 minutes of pedal time.
    You need to have a voltmeter if you have an electric cart, if you don't have one you'll need to get one.
    Post the voltage of each battery, a fully charged 6v battery should be 6.37v. (you don't need to disconnect anything to check the voltage)
    Your charger should stop charging when it hits about 44v and by the time the batteries rest the voltage will settle out to about 38.2v.
    What kind and how old are your batteries? There may be a date code on the side or on negative post with a letter number combination (eg: E-7 is May 2007)

Monthly Maintenance:
    1. Use only distilled water and only fill 1/4" above the plates.
    2. Keep the tops clean, wash with 10% baking soda and water mix, rinse with a hose and dry the tops.
    3. Clean and tighten your battery connections.

Comment

If your batteries are over 4 years old, then it is probably the batteries and not the charger. Also seeing how they were taken care of, I'd think its the batteries, since they should never ever fully be discharged.
      Regards

Comment

These batterie take a charge.......buy when batteries have been frozen....they are then un-fit to use again.....or recharge. Heres my fatal question. How much does a novice expect t pay for these batteries,its a 6-volt [6 batteries]is this right??????? bob s

Comment

If batteries have been frozen they may never come back. You may be able to put a surface charge on them but they will likely not stand up to a load test.

The cheapest decent batteries are at Sam's Club, the 6v one's can be had for around $72 each.

Comment

Thank you for your help-Doug

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X