Help, no power to wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, no power to wheels

New to the forum with a big problem. 2002 Electric EZGO. I was taking my cart to the golf course and as I was nearing the top of a steep walk over, I lost all power to my wheels and started rolling backwards. Now I have no power to the wheels in either forward or reverse. Had to get towed home. Not fun. Anyone know where to start looking for the solution?
    TIA

Is this a series cart or a PDS cart?
    Have you checked that all your cable connections are clean and tight?
    Now that you have been towed home, try the cart again and see if it moves.
    Do you have a reverse beeper with the key on and in reverse?
    What is the battery voltage measured at the charging receptacle? It should be in the 36v-38v range.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
      Is this a series cart or a PDS cart?
      Have you checked that all your cable connections are clean and tight?
      Now that you have been towed home, try the cart again and see if it moves.
      Do you have a reverse beeper with the key on and in reverse?
      What is the battery voltage measured at the charging receptacle? It should be in the 36v-38v range.
      \

Hmmm now your asking some questions I cant answer.
      1. Dont know the difference between series and PDS
      2. Yes I tried the cart again, when I got home. Still nothing.
      3. Yes, I do have a reverse beeper
      4. Dont know enough about them to measure the voltage at the receptacle.

It seems the batteries are giving out power as usual, just nothing happens when I depress the pedal.

Comment

Here's the differences:

Power as usual doesn't mean much in an electric cart, you need about 36.5v to 38.2v to operate the cart.
        Do you have a digital voltmeter? If not, you need to get one if you own an electric cart.
        Measure the voltage of the batteries where the charger plugs into the cart:

Here Drivers side below the seat:

Comment

It is a series model in that case. I will get a voltage meter to check it out. I just check it at the exterior pins of the outlet?

Comment

Posted earlier by qballwill View Post
            It is a series model in that case. I will get a voltage meter to check it out. I just check it at the exterior pins of the outlet?
            Series carts are tougher and less problems than PDS/regen carts.
            Yes just put the meter leads into the holes and measure the voltage.
            You can also lift the seat and if you follow the black and white wiires back from the receptacle you will find they end up on #1 battery positive and #6 battery negative, you can also measure there.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X