EZGO TXT Suspension Sways after Lift Kit Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO TXT Suspension Sways after Lift Kit Installed

I have a 2005 EZGO TXT that I installed a 4 inch drop axle lift kit and 22" DOT Street Tires / Wheels. The cart runs great except that the cart sways side to side at half to full speed to the point that it is hard to control the stearing safely especially when going down hill. My EZGO still has the stock shocks and Leaf springs, I only installed the drop axle lift kit and the 22" tires. Is there any type of suspension upgrade I can do to stop the cart from swaying side to side, and improve steering control ?? Thanks !!!!

Hi. How are the shocks? Maybe you need stiffer ones if the ones on your cart are actually working as of now.
    Regards

Comment

I am almost positive they are the original shocks that came on the Golf Cart......

Comment

I didn't look but did you try to look for a company that makes a compatible sway bar? Because the only thing I can think of would be to stiffen your leaf springs and shocks, you will have a harder ride, but it will not be as sloppy.
        Regards

Comment

Probably one or both of these:
          Check your wheel alignment, should be 1/8"-1/4" toe in.
          Check your tire pressures, soft tires will cause the cart to sway.
          Even though they are DOT tires, you also may have a tire that has some run-out to it.
          Updated by dougmcp; April 3, 2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X