Newb with issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb with issues

I am working on some dcs carts for our high school. I have replaced tires cleaned up the battery connections and wires on one of them. Took out the cart for the Friday night football game to haul stuff to the field for the band. Charge was up. Went about 30 feed and quit. Got some guys and pushed it back to where we park it. I can hear the motor spinning but it will not go move either direction. What is inside the gearbox that transfers the motor power to the rear end? I think that something went in there.

Pull off the rear wheels and inside the hubs in the back check that the bolt holding the axle on is tight.
    Regards

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a exploded view of the rear axle that I can download? This cart as well as the other carts need some pm to keep them running. I am working on getting them in good running shape. we are talking about having a race between the sports people and the band director. I have hunted online for repair information but have not had any luck. I have been getting people that I know to help me out keeping things that fall thru the cracks.

Comment

Here is the bolt I am talking about
        Attached Files
        Regards

Comment

Took it apart this afternoon. Drums were both good. I put the drums back on the cart and when I turned the wheels they both turned oppsite direction lake a bug transaxle. It seemed like when it got to a spot the diff would not turn the other side and then it would turn again. I put the wheels back on and let it down on the jack enough to get the wheels contacting the ground. I pushed pedal and it almost jumped off of the jack. I took if off the jack and it tried to move but acts like the batteries need charged. I know cars and gas powered stuff but I don't know how the carts are setup.

Comment

I put a full charge on the cart. The cart wont move. I can see the motor clunking back and forth but it wont drive the wheels. I am sure the the issue is between the motor and rear axle. Do you have a diagram of removing the motor? I want to remove the motor and check out why it is not driving the rear axle.

Comment

This is the most detailed one I have unfortunately.
              Attached Files
              Regards

Comment

Does it sound like I am looking in the area that I should be looking at? What does the cart act like if the foward and reverse connections get dirty? It acts like there is something locked up between the motor and rear axle.

Comment

I found a diagram to test the motor. I jumpped two connections and put a battery charger on the other two motor connections. I checked the connections to make sure that they were set correctly to test the motor. The motor would not turn. How can I be sure that the motor is bad or the the brushes are shot?

Comment

When you had the rear drums off, did you check to see that the axle and or the splines on the hubs were not stripped out? That's usually the first thing I check when you can hear the motor running but the cart won't move. The tires will spin when in the air, but not when weight is on it on the ground.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X