1999 club car performance issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 club car performance issue?

I am bran new to this site and brand new really to the golf cart scene. We had purchased a golf cart in June of this year for use at our camp ground. The cart runs fine on flats but up inclines it really bogs down.

It currently has 6 batteries in the cart and is a 36 volt system. the batteries are fairly new within the last two years. is there anyway I can increase the power to enable it to pull the inclines easier?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hey pjbowhunter welcome to the forums!!

I think you could have a no good battery, which could be bringing down the whole pack when on an incline.

To test this, first fully charge the batteries and then test each battery individually.

Next run a load test on the batteries. To do this, fully charge the pack and then ride around for 30 minutes. Jack up the rear of the cart and floor it. Take readings of all the batteries individually. You are looking for any batteries or battery that is lower than the rest.
    Regards

Comment

pjbowhunter,... Get a Hydrometer and check each cell of each battery for charge level then charge the entire set. Now check the specific gravity again. In any cell did not come up to at least middle of the white then you will need to De-sulfate that battery. Since you have +6 volt units you can use a GOOD Car Charger with de-sulfate feature and cycle two of your 6 volt batteries at once. After that you need to check the water lever and run the car to let the sulfate drop to the bottom and drop some of the charge. Make sure you have disconnected those 2 batteries from any part of your cart and make sure you have the tow/run in tow before you do the de-sulfate. After you have driven for awhile put the cart on your charger and let it run. When it is done check the Hydrometer reading again. If you don't see some improvement, then you will be looking for new batteries.

Comment

By the way,.. a good auto 12 volt charger is made by Vector and sold by Black and decker. It has 2amp, 5amp, 25amp, charge rates, Equiliztion mode, De-Sulfate mode, and many other features. I use it on my +12 volt batteries in my 2008 Club Car.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X